Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Spyro: A Hero's Tail very laggy, super bad audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Fenhyste

***This has been resolved! I was able to get the game working perfectly.

Hi, I've only been using dolphin 5.0 for a short while and I'm having trouble getting this game to be playable without being unbearably slow. I've looked around for a fix but can't find anything that helps. I've messed with all the graphic and audio configurations and still nothing helps. It runs, but it's basically super laggy and slow. I'm wondering if my laptop just isn't strong enough to run it?

I have a lenovo yoga 710-15lKB
i7 intel core processor @2.70 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
16384MB RAM

Sorry if specs aren't helpful/are irrelevant, I'm not entirely knowledgeable with that. Let me know if more info is needed, layman's speak very appreciated
You have a ULV processor.

While intel processors are ideal, ULV processors have very low thermal thresholds before they throttle speeds down, which will kill performance in Dolphin.

I checked this game on our wiki and somebody tested this game and said the Direct3D 11 backend is much faster on this game. Try changing the graphics backend to that.
Also try the latest dev build

Fenhyste

(04-08-2017, 12:12 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You have a ULV processor.

While intel processors are ideal, ULV processors have very low thermal thresholds before they throttle speeds down, which will kill performance in Dolphin.

I checked this game on our wiki and somebody tested this game and said the Direct3D 11 backend is much faster on this game. Try changing the graphics backend to that.

Thank you, I tinkered with more settings and was able to get the game working perfectly! No lag or bad audio or anything.