Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't install wads/system menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've tried installing the system menu with a nand dump and the system menu launches when I click the tools dropdown and select system menu 513e but it doesnt work mid game and I cant install wads. I tried the alternate method of using a system menu wad and right clicking "install to system menu" but all that happens is a window quickly pops up and instantly closes. That happens with both the system menu wad and game wads. I tried with a clean dolphin install just in case but same thing. So I'm not quite sure what to do next. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I'm not 100% sure of what the method to do it from nothing is; but, I do believe the System Menu requires a base IOS to run from. The wiki would be your best bet to setting this up as there's been a lot of additions to the guides with the recent changes.
I don't understand what the issue is. If no error popped up, that means the WAD was successfully installed.

Also, you cannot install a WAD while a Wii title is running. It used to work in previous versions because of an oversight.
(04-10-2017, 01:38 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand what the issue is. If no error popped up, that means the WAD was successfully installed.

Also, you cannot install a WAD while a Wii title is running. It used to work in previous versions because of an oversight.

Even though there isn't an error message the wad isn't installed when I launch the system menu, as well as my dlc wads arn't working either. 
And what I meant by in game, I mean when im playing a game I cant go to the system menu after pressing the home button. I'm not trying to install the wads mid game. 
I'm not sure what else to try, I even went a little further and got online functionality working with the wii channels but yet I still can't install wads for whatever reason.
For the system menu, it sounds like you may need the corresponding IOS installed as JMC47 said. For 4.3, you need IOS80.
Can't figure out what the issue is without further info like IOS logs (with the log level set to Info) though.