Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possibly having some issues with Mayflash dolphin bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Synthtastic

I recently purchased a dolphin bar so I could play games like Super Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword with my wiimote(Wii motion plus inside) and for the most part it works. I have it positioned on top of my monitor set to the "top" settings both on the actual bar and in Dolphin, and I sit about 3.5 feet away from my monitor. However, I feel like the accuracy and consistency could be better. Sometimes playing super mario galaxy the pointer would easily disappear off the screen if i got close to the corners, sometimes it would work perfectly if i lean further back, sometimes if i turn the remote on an angle and point around it would disappear while I'm pointing to the right or the left (I'm never pointing the remote extremely away in any direction).

Skyward Sword is another story. I feel that the accuracy in that game is way worse than if I was playing it on my Wii. I feel like I'm fighting with the pointer in Dousing mode and using the sword feels like half the time it swings in the opposite direction I'm swinging. Basically I am asking if there are any tips, or tweaking or anything I can do to improve my experience with the dolphin bar or if I'm just doing something wrong. Thanks
Have you tried being farther away? I'd also say that your problems in both games is related as LoZ: SS uses the IR bar to calibrate the motion.
While non-passthrough Bluetooth is generally worse, it should be enough for at least consistent galaxy. It is probably distance.

Synthtastic

(03-30-2017, 02:33 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried being farther away? I'd also say that your problems in both games is related as LoZ: SS uses the IR bar to calibrate the motion.

Sitting further away improves the experience in Galaxy but the issues in Skyward sword happen no matter the distance. It gets to the point where pointing to the left actually makes the sword point to the right completely. Could there be something causing some interference? Maybe it's just something I'm going to have to deal with.