Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Colosseum very slow in 5.0-2856 but full speed on 3.5-367
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

fanfzero

Hi guys! This is my first post here
Today I was trying to make pokemon colosseum work on my early 2014 Macbook Air (1.4 i5 with Intel HD 5000). I use 5.0-2856, as it is the version me and my friends have installed for online playing. With this version I can play games like F-zero GX at full speed, but for some reason Pkm Colosseum goes really laggy. I found an old dolphin version on an HDD that I used on another i5 laptop and worked fine with colosseum, it was 3.5-367, so I decided to give it a try and download the OSX version. Boom, the result was full speed, continuous 30 fps (I can stay at stable 25 fps even if I put it on 2.5 native res). So, why does this happen? Any fix for it?
I would try to reset cache and config.

fanfzero

(03-28-2017, 06:49 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I would try to reset cache and config.

I tried using those bulds in default config with windows (bootcamp) and same issue. One works fine but the other is laggy.
There have been so many changes that this comparison is fairly useless.

But in general, Dolphin has become much, much more accurate and requires a more decent GPU than in the past. A HD 5000 should be fine for 1x IR though, especially on Windows…
GPU requirements have gone up and you're using macOS drivers, which are buggy and slow, on a weak Intel GPU.
That is a shame, the music in Colosseum is so bad on all the versions before the HLE rework happened. Even LLE wasn't playing it correctly. So Going back to 3.5 doesn't do the game justice. I am just surprised you got it running even back then. Collosseum is very demanding.