Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS - Dell Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

guayomedina

Hello Community,

I own a Dell Laptop with low specs, I know games won't run perfectly and smooth but I was wondering why am I getting such low FPS playing a Gamecube game (LoZ - Twilight Princess) on the Latest Dolphin Emulator (5.0). I have a Steam account and I have been able to play games like Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite with normal graphics set and 30FPS, but now that I'm trying out the Dolphin EMU and a Gamecube game I barely get like 14FPS, which makes the game impossible to play. Can someone please advice how to get better fps.

See attached for Device Information. 

Thank you so much for your help!
You should try the latest dev build, available in the download page.

Also, what are your settings?
Enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties if you haven't already done so.

guayomedina

(03-28-2017, 01:30 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You should try the latest dev build, available in the download page.

Also, what are your settings?

Attached Picture of Settings.

guayomedina

(03-28-2017, 01:36 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties if you haven't already done so.

Hello JosJuice,

Thank you for your quick reply. I haven't done so and I'm not sure how to do so. Do I have to download anything?
Right click on the game in Dolphin > Properties > Hacks > Enable Hyrule Speed Hack

Config > Enable Cheats

guayomedina

(03-28-2017, 01:48 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the game in Dolphin > Properties > Hacks > Enable Hyrule Speed Hack

Config > Enable Cheats

Hello Helios,

Thank you for that! With this set should the game be able to run smoothly?
It's a bit of a gamble considering you have a low clocked ULV CPU

but I dunno. Try?
Also set your Internal Resolution to 1x.

You have a crappy GPU
I also think that DirectX11 or 12 maybe faster