Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I run Super Mario Galaxy 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm asking if my pc can run dolphin full speed.  Big Grin

CPU: AMD A8-6410

GPU: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (I unfortunately can't supply more info Sad)

RAM: Kingston 8GB 1600MHZ

Display: 1366 x 768

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite C55dt-b2505

Video Memory: 1024MB

I want to know if it can run Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Preferably GameCube version)  and The Wind Waker.
Your system is awful for emulation. You have one of the weakest single threaded performing modern x86 CPUs available.

You can probably run melee and other lightweight games, but super Mario Galaxy, twilight princess, is hell no. Wind waker might run fullspeed at certain parts

But basically, expect dolphin to run miserably. There is nothing you can do
I'm able to run Brawl 60FPS 720p though... And skyward sword is 17FPS Native. My CPU is bad for Dolphin because its AMD, but it's surprisingly good
But what about these specs?

CPU: Intel core i5 6200U

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500?

RAM: 8GB

Video Memory: 128MB

I have a feeling its worse than my current specs
Slightly better, at least on cpu. Still probably not good enough.
Brawl is just as easy as melee to emulate.
ok, i'll probably just use my wii to play. for some reason though, the AMD runs better on dolphin than the intel
Actually, the i5 6200U does a good job with Dolphin, but only if your cooler is good enough, because U CPUs tends to throttle a lot when the temp is high.
HD Graphics 5500 can run a majority of games at 1x IR I think, and even 2x very easily for light games.

Mario Galaxy is very demanding though, I'm not sure it will run fullspeed.
I can't use the i5 because its my bro's laptop. and I watched a video, Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks very demanding. I'll just use the AMD for Smash

Tomas

(03-27-2017, 07:38 AM)Brsuperboy9 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm asking if my pc can run dolphin full speed.  Big Grin

CPU: AMD A8-6410

GPU: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (I unfortunately can't supply more info Sad)

RAM: Kingston 8GB 1600MHZ

Display: 1366 x 768

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite C55dt-b2505

Video Memory: 1024MB

I want to know if it can run Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Preferably GameCube version)  and The Wind Waker.

hey i don't have the same specs as you do but when i had my first pc i had an a8-7670k and a r7 250. i ran dolphin pretty well and it even ran mario galaxy 2. you can do some lighter games but if dolphin does give you problems then use ishiiruka even though they use hacks for performance 
Pages: 1 2