Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Occasional Micro Stutter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mainly play SSB Melee in Dolphin, and across various iterations of hardware dating back about 10 years, I have always noticed a form of micro stutter/micro pauses that usually occur when loading into a level and occasionally during game play. They are very noticeable when starting a game and then almost imperceptible during gameplay.

I've noticed this on everything from an athlon ii up to a core i5 4670, so I don't think it has much to do with performance.
Could be related to disk fetching, settings, or is it just a side effect of imperfect emulation?
The settings I have altered are internal res set to 3x (1080p), antialiasing at 2x, and aniso at 16x, full screen, and everything else is entirely stock 5.0
Same problem with Tony Hawk Underground, would really like to figure out if this is settings related or if timing based games are really just unplayable in Dolphin.
That's not really a negative criticism, I can imagine the amount of work put in to create Dolphin in the first, but just be honest about it alright guys, if fully playable means intermittent gameplay pauses then it's just not for me.
There´s no way to fix that. You´re suffering from shader cache generation and the only way to solve it is to keep playing until it´s completely made.
(03-24-2017, 01:55 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]There´s no way to fix that. You´re suffering from shader cache generation and the only way to solve it is to keep playing until it´s completely made.

Ah, I see. I use pcsx2 quite often as well, and I don't remember seeing this issue, is it something that the team is going to be reconsidering? It just seems like a real drawback for playability on most games.
It's being worked on since it is a complex issue to solve.