Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 64bit os core 2 quad cpu issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah if your playing gta4 then you need at least 1 GB if not 2GB. Emulation actually works pretty well right now. If i had to guess i would say around 65-70% of games work perfectly
i'm upping my grafix requirement. especially since i found out gddr5 is twice as powerful as gddr2 at the same speed.

i'm thinking of getting ati radeon hd5750. which is around £125 - £150

the others in the 5 series are a bit too expensive so i'm not going any further.

i'm a bit concerned about the vram now, i want to play gta iv and some emu from dolphin and pcsx2 (ps2 emu). any recommendations?

so far, i've got my eye on a 1gb vram.

it's hard to get details on pixel/vertex shader and opengl, yet they're important

the 4 series has opengl 2.0 and shader model 4.1

can i assume that newer models such as 5 series, will have equivalent or higher ratings instead of less? i'm asking because in the case of processors, the l2 cache can be reduced and also core/clock speeds (i think thats what it's called)
For finding out exactly which version of SM/OGL/DX is supported by a card, I've always used this site:
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php

Hope that helps.
amazing site. thanks. however i do like to compare the card with other websites because sites to tend to make a lot of mistakes when they have a lot of cards to deal with. however, since this is the only site i could find with detail...

anyway, so it has ps/vs: v5!!! i thought 4.1 was latest.

opengl 3.2!!! i thought 2.1 was latest.

i am a bit behind :-)

i'm going to try and confirm the details with ati site but is 1gb vram enough?
Sorry to bother you , but ,GTA4 is highly CPU dependent , and is the first game that actually requires a Quad !

For the rest , there are NO 5750 or 5770 available with more than 1gb atm .( wich is good , not the best , but good enough for GTA 4 )
i'm planning on getting 2. plus i've just got 2 pcs just under 2 weeks old quads. so i don't really want to be buying 300 quid cards but want a reasonable card.
Pages: 1 2