Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Awesome - Runs great! New PC build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RooDBwoY

Only recently joined the forum and tried the Dolphin emulator for the first time in a few years.

It runs awesome on the new PC I've built with the following specs:

Intel i3-7350K 4.2Ghz CPU (not oberclocked yet)
Arctic Freezer i32 120mm CPU cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z270-D3H motherboard
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz
EVGA SuperNova G2 550 watt PSU
Samsung NVMe M.2 PCIe 256GB SSD
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 OCV1 6GB GFX card
Dell UltraSharp P2715Q 27" 4K monitor
Fractal Design Define Mini C case
Official Sony PS4 pad with official Sony USB wireless adapter

Can run all GameCube games I've tested basically perfectly at 4x or 6x internal resolution. Graphics look fresh as a daisy and the PC makes light work of it all.

Can't wait to get some serious hours in!
What an outstanding feeling! :thumbsup: I can't wait till I get to enjoy that myself. Been sitting on these exact specs minus a GPU for about 2 months now. Stuck with crumby integrated until the 1080 Ti STRIX launches. Can't wait to feel that huge upgrade feeling too.

I remember playing Dolphin back in like 08-09 and even recorded a video of Wind Waker on my Q6600 3.2Ghz, 285 GTX and 8GB DDR2 800Mhz. Struggled to hold 25 fps at the time. I'm sure today it would be able to lock it on the latest dev builds no problem, but my current rig? Hundreds of frames per second. It's absurd hahaha. Enjoy it man. The emulator and computer specs have come a long way.