Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: best bad games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm looking for some fun terrible games along the lines of smurfs dance party
recommendations?
Oh, did you ask in the right place. Now, I'm not sure what kind of bad games you want, but, I'll list some of my favorites.

Nascar: The Game - Inside Line. This one has a decent base racing engine but hundreds of really stupid design decisions and it's basically unfinished. You can crash the game just by entering the pits with full damage at an odd angle. Loading times + weird shit just ruins what seems to be an alright base game, which is why it's so fascinating to play. It feels like it could be good, the base game is actually okay to play as a racing game, it's just so broken around it that I couldn't help but fall in love with it.

Billy Witcher - Ripoff Harry Potter game that is hard only because the controls are so bad that you immediately want to throw the game in the garbage.

Any "Aksys" Family game on Wiiware - These games are all bad, but, some are more playable than others. The minigolf game has some pretty hilarious collision issues, including a game hang where a ball will never stop moving if between a ramp and a boost pad. I was lucky enough to catch it in video.

If you're looking for more of a spectacular failure sort...

Sonic and the Secret Rings: it has all the makings of a good game. Fantastic graphics for the time, a catchy soundtrack (if you're into the style of music,) and a full 4 player party mode that mimicks Mario Party. Where does it go wrong...? Terrible Motion Controls.

TNA Wrestling games - I've only played one, but the one I played was a half complete version of a 360 titles on Wii that was just horrible. Lighting glitches in the cutscenes that happen on console, a nonsensical story that's actually kinda of funny in a sad way, and a wrestling game that doesn't really work with AI that... honestly range from competent to not being able to find me when I'm standing right in front of them.
(03-20-2017, 05:43 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, did you ask in the right place.  Now, I'm not sure what kind of bad games you want, but, I'll list some of my favorites.

Nascar: The Game - Inside Line.  This one has a decent base racing engine but hundreds of really stupid design decisions and it's basically unfinished.  You can crash the game just by entering the pits with full damage at an odd angle.  Loading times + weird shit just ruins what seems to be an alright base game, which is why it's so fascinating to play.  It feels like it could be good, the base game is actually okay to play as a racing game, it's just so broken around it that I couldn't help but fall in love with it.

Billy Witcher - Ripoff Harry Potter game that is hard only because the controls are so bad that you immediately want to throw the game in the garbage.

Any "Aksys" Family game on Wiiware - These games are all bad, but, some are more playable than others.  The minigolf game has some pretty hilarious collision issues, including a game hang where a ball will never stop moving if between a ramp and a boost pad.  I was lucky enough to catch it in video.

Sonic and the Secret Rings: it has all the makings of a good game.  Fantastic graphics for the time, a catchy soundtrack (if you're into the style of music,) and a full 4 player party mode that mimicks Mario Party.  Where does it go wrong...?  Terrible Motion Controls.

TNA Wrestling games - I've only played one, but the one I played was a half complete version of a 360 titles on Wii that was just horrible.  Lighting glitches in the cutscenes that happen on console, a nonsensical story that's actually kinda of funny in a sad way, and a wrestling game that doesn't really work with AI that... honestly range from competent to not being able to find me when I'm standing right in front of them.
I'm not looking for something with glitches or bad controls, I'm looking for fun multiplayer games which are really, really bad if played alone but only sort of bad when played togheter.
the smurfs dance party or the shrek games are a good example of this.
pure cancer, but acceptable mechanics and gameplay
Mario Party 8
(03-20-2017, 05:43 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, did you ask in the right place.  Now, I'm not sure what kind of bad games you want, but, I'll list some of my favorites.

Nascar: The Game - Inside Line.  This one has a decent base racing engine but hundreds of really stupid design decisions and it's basically unfinished.  You can crash the game just by entering the pits with full damage at an odd angle.  Loading times + weird shit just ruins what seems to be an alright base game, which is why it's so fascinating to play.  It feels like it could be good, the base game is actually okay to play as a racing game, it's just so broken around it that I couldn't help but fall in love with it.

Any "Aksys" Family game on Wiiware - These games are all bad, but, some are more playable than others.  The minigolf game has some pretty hilarious collision issues, including a game hang where a ball will never stop moving if between a ramp and a boost pad.  I was lucky enough to catch it in video.

Sonic and the Secret Rings: it has all the makings of a good game.  Fantastic graphics for the time, a catchy soundtrack (if you're into the style of music,) and a full 4 player party mode that mimicks Mario Party.  Where does it go wrong...?  Terrible Motion Controls.

TNA Wrestling games - I've only played one, but the one I played was a half complete version of a 360 titles on Wii that was just horrible.  Lighting glitches in the cutscenes that happen on console, a nonsensical story that's actually kinda of funny in a sad way, and a wrestling game that doesn't really work with AI that... honestly range from competent to not being able to find me when I'm standing right in front of them.

I wouldn't rate the Wii Harry Potter games that highly if I were you, the Wii wand shaking, potions, broomstick racing hurt your wrist are both annoyling and repetitive they make up the core gameplay, Chamber Of Secrets on the gamecube is miles better.
Chamber of secrets was a surprisingly good Harry Potter game
(03-20-2017, 07:27 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Chamber of secrets was a surprisingly good Harry Potter game

Oh yeah, I loved that one! I played it through so many times when I was younger.

As for a bad game that is still enjoyable, maybe the Wii launch title Avatar The Last Air Bender. Extremely short and poor game design, but not that bad while it lasts.

Oh there is this other really terrible Wii game that people play all the time, though. It is called "Brawl" something or another.  Tongue

dxe888

basically any 3D sonic game
*basically any 3D Sonic game after Adventure 2 and before Unleashed

FTFY