Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New user here; what would be the best settings for my rig? Any tips would be great!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Exotherm

Hi guys,

I'm new to this and I recently got my Dolphin up and running but I'm not sure about what good settings I should use for my rig. I really want to play games like SSX Tricky, Timesplitters 2, and Super Smash Brothers Melee. I have had major problems with SSX Tricky and that's like the main game I want to run properly. So, my specs...

Intel Core i5 CPU-4590 @ 3.30 GHz
Installed memory: 8GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 960.

I'm also running Windows 10, 64bit.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section of the forum, any help to get these games running at 60 FPS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, hope you all had a great saint patrick's day.
Dolphin ships with a set of game .ini files to auto configure for games if they need something specific to run. As for anything beyond that, you can increase the visuals to make it look better to personal preference.
Exactly as KHg8m3r said. You can play with the settings to your liking and see if it effects performance. But you're the best one to play with it and figure out what works best with your rig. There is no magical settings based on different computers