Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphinbar Ubuntu 16.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just purchased a Dolphinbar and I synced my wiimote up to it according to the instructions.  However, I can't get the wiimote to work with any games.  Is the wiimote through Dolphinbar supported on Linux?  I built the latest version of Dolphin from source, version 5.0-2925.

Update:

Okay, progress...   I ran sudo dolphin-emu and it worked.  Dolphinbar connected wiimotes do not work unless dolphin is run with root permissions.  Any ideas how to fix this?  I'm guessing a udev rule of some type?

Update 2:

Okay, I'm leaning strongly toward this being a udev rule.  There is someone maintaining a PPA that claims their PPA has a special udev rule that makes Dolphinbar work.  PPA is here...
https://launchpad.net/~stefansundin/+arc...olphin-emu   Maintained by someone named Stefan Sundin.
You need a udev rule file to make it work without root.

I think there is documentation on the wiki on how to set it up.
(03-15-2017, 07:07 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You need a udev rule file to make it work without root.

I think there is documentation on the wiki on how to set it up.

Didn't see anything on the wiki.   A search for dolphinbar yields very little...

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?s...arch&go=Go

I was expecting a page dedicated to it but found nothing.  There is the article on Recommended Accessories that mentions it but no udev rule that I can see.  I searched the forum here but I only found one thread and the OP didn't make it to this point.
Installed Stephens PPA and I see that it creates two udev files....

/lib/udev/rules.d/60-gcadapter.rules

which contains...

Code:
# https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=How_to_use_the_Official_GameCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_device", ATTRS{idVendor}=="057e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0337", MODE="0666"

and ...

/lib/udev/rules.d/60-dolphinbar

which contains...
Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="057e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0306", MODE="0666"

I added both to my system and it did not fix my issue. Wiimote functionality is only possible on linux if you run dolphin-emu as sudo.
Another interesting development...

The wiimote will not connect to dolphinbar if dolphin emulator is already open. So if dolphinbar is plugged in (no wiimote connection) and I start dolphin-emu as a normal user (not root), the wiimote will not even connect to dolphinbar.
Awesome!  Works perfectly!  I only copied these rules to the /etc/udev/rules.d/51-usb-device.rules

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="057e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0306", TAG+="uaccess"
SUBSYSTEM=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="057e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0330", TAG+="uaccess"

Then I ran    

Code:
sudo udevadm control --reload-rules

Is there a wiki page I can add this to so other users aren't confused?

tayzzer

So I have no idea how/where to add that code, could someone help?

Ciaranh47

Where do you add the code

formognkl

(03-15-2017, 06:03 AM)necbot Wrote: [ -> ]Je viens d'acheter un Dolphinbar et j'ai synchronisé ma wiimote selon les instructions. Cependant, je n'arrive pas à faire fonctionner la wiimote avec des jeux. La wiimote via Dolphinbar est-elle prise en charge sous Linux ? J'ai construit la dernière version de Dolphin à partir des sources, la version 5.0-2925.

Mise à jour :

Ok, progrès... J'ai exécuté sudo dolphin-emu et cela a fonctionné. Les wiimotes connectées à Dolphinbar ne fonctionnent que si dauphin est exécuté avec les autorisations root. Une idée de comment réparer ça? Je suppose qu'une règle udev d'un certain type?

Mise à jour 2 :

D'accord, je penche fortement pour que ce soit une règle udev. Il y a quelqu'un qui maintient un PPA qui prétend que son PPA a une règle udev spéciale qui fait fonctionner Dolphinbar. L'APP est là...
https://launchpad.net/~stefansundin/+arc...olphin-emu Maintenu par un certain Stefan Sundin.
J'ai trouvé une solution pour mon problème. J'ai supprimé le dossier "Dolphin Emulator". Puis j'ai lancé mon jeu et j'ai configuré uniquement le wiimote en jeu et ça a marché. Auparavant j'avais complètement supprimé Dolphin mais ça n'a pas marché. Je joue avec une manette de PS4 en usb.
Pages: 1 2