Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Find Wii Save File
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xpier0

Love Dolphin but I hate unlocking things. I'm trying to load a Mario Kart Wii save file I got into Dolphin, but I can't find where Dolphin Saves Wii files. The save file I got is a .bin format, which I was told is the correct file. But I can't find where to put it, or where Dolphin saves Wii files on my Mac.

When I right click "open Wii save folder" I get this error message.

Failed to open URL "file:///Users/xpier0/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii.title/00010000/524d4745/data/" in default browser. (error 22: Invalid argument)

I can save Wii games. I just don't know where they are on my computer.

I also can't load the .bin file. Tried 2 different ones. I just get an import failed message.

Im using Sierra 10.12.3 and I also get this error message on El Capitan.
Looks like something has messed up the path generation. Try /Users/xpier0/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii/title/00010000/524d4745/

Can you make sure your NAND/Wii root is set up to something sane?

xpier0

(03-14-2017, 06:14 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like something has messed up the path generation. Try /Users/xpier0/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii/title/00010000/524d4745/

Can you make sure your NAND/Wii root is set up to something sane?

I have no idea where the NAND/Wiii root is supposed to go to. I think the problem is when I go to theĀ application support folder, I don't evenĀ see a Dolphin Folder.

So i set the NAND/WII root to Desktop to see what would happen, and now nothing works. All my gamecube games sounds just bug out. Deleted the NAND/Wii root to how it was before and still nothing works.

I guess I could Time Machine back to when Dolphin worked. But I didn't think I could mess up Dolphin that bad. (just for a dumb save file)

Also tried re-installing Dolphin after I changed the NAND/WII root. Still nothing.

xpier0

The sound was my fault. But I still can't figure out how to get the save file in. Everything works. But now I get a could not write to/read Wii System Memory error when I try to make a new save file.

xpier0

Figured it out! Set the path to my desktop, made sure every file had read and write access, and then replaced the save file. Thanks a lot leolam!