Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it worth to upgrade to x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

hardnoob

So i got a VERY LOW END PC here : 3GBRAM, GPU: GT730DDR3, CPU: AMD Athlon x2 dual core be-2400 2.4Ghz.. I play LoZ Windwaker at 25fps and it drops to 15-10 sometimes.. im using Dolphin 4.0.2 and i've heard that 5.0.0 just doubles the fps in games, so this means that if im playing the game at 15fps i play it at 25 in 5.0.0 version. My question its if its worth upgrading to x64 and if its true that 5.0.0 gives u double fps (also sorry for english, its not my native language), thanks.
Maybe not double, but it should give you a large increase (both from x64 and 5.0).

hardnoob

(03-14-2017, 05:28 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe not double, but it should give you a large increase (both from x64 and 5.0).

Thank you for your reply, i will try and install x64 right now.
Judging from my experience, jump to version x64 provides nearly twice the performance (perhaps + 80%) - in certain games. Smile
Quote:3GBRAM
Windows x64 requires at least 4GB of Ram though
My old laptop had only 2 GB of ram, and windows 7 x 64 worked well on it. .-.
Windows x64 will run on 1GB Ram too but I doubt you will see any performance gain from x64
My Laptop has 16GB of Ram and Windows alone has already used up to 3.3GB . When I run Dolphin , my ram usage will shoot straight up to 8GB
4GB is just bare minimum and by today standard , you must have at least 8GB of Ram

Edit : Oh btw , when your PC run out of memory , it will automatically use virtual memory but you know , virtual memory is not real ...It consumes your hard drive space and it can not replace real memory entirely
[Image: Virtual-Memory-dialog-box-inside-of-Windows-10.jpg]
That's why you won't see how your 2GB laptop run out of memory but in reality , it does

hardnoob

(03-14-2017, 10:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Windows x64 will run on 1GB Ram too but I doubt you will see any performance gain from x64
My Laptop has 16GB of Ram and Windows alone has already used up to 3.3GB . When I run Dolphin , my ram usage will shoot straight up to 8GB
4GB is just bare minimum and by today standard , you must have at least 8GB of Ram

Edit : Oh btw , when your PC run out of memory , it will automatically use virtual memory but you know , virtual memory is not real ...It consumes your hard drive space and it can not replace real memory entirely  
[Image: Virtual-Memory-dialog-box-inside-of-Windows-10.jpg]
That's why you won't see how your 2GB laptop run out of memory but in reality , it does
Well i understand that but not anyone can afford 8gbram so fast, i dont even got a job, im in highschool... and i just installed x64 and i gained some fps boost (like +10fps) with 5.0.0
I'm sure most people can afford 8Gb of Ram (students included)
4GB DDR3 stick is only $24 , 2 sticks will cost $48 . Just save 2 bucks a day and you can buy them less than a month . Or just get a part-time job ($10 per hours), it won't even take a day...
https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-1600MHz-...1489495969
I'm not sure whenever your PC uses DDR2 Ram or DDR3 Ram though

hardnoob

(03-14-2017, 11:03 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure most people can afford 8Gb of Ram (students included)
4GB DDR3 stick is only $24 , 2 sticks will cost $48 . Just save 2 bucks a day and you can buy them less than a month . Or just get a part-time job ($10 per hours), it won't even take a day...  
https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-1600MHz-PC3-12800-Non-ECC-KVR16N11S8/dp/B008CP5QR2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1489495969
I'm not sure whenever your PC uses DDR2 Ram or DDR3 Ram though

I live in a country where even 2gb ram is expensive.. $48 bucks for me is like 100$
Pages: 1 2 3