Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to open NVIDIA Control Panel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This started happening a few months ago. When I try to open it, it simply fails. There was no error message, no crash report, nothing. I waited for around 10 minutes and it still won't open. Strangely, the process appears in the Task Manager. It uses 0% CPU and 4 MB memory.

So basically, the program is run, but fails to open properly. I can still open the GeForce Experience, but there is no way to access the NVIDIA Control Panel from it. I've updated my driver a few times, but it doesn't change anything. Any tips? I need the Control Panel to adjust and improve the performance of Dolphin. (Currently using Dolphin 5.0 x64)

Specs :

NVIDIA Driver version : 378.66 (released on February 14th, 2017)
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M 1GB
CPU : Intel Core i5-3317U @1.70 GHz
More specs on my signature.
You can try Nvidia Inspector - Driver Enforcement
(03-04-2017, 08:33 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You can try Nvidia Inspector - Driver Enforcement

I've got Nvidia Inspector, but never really used it. But does it override the current settings on my Nvidia Control Panel? If so, how do I add Dolphin to the list?
Nvidia CP has some limits :
_You can't enable MFAA (a type of anti-aliasing , it's better than FXAA)
_You can't force some programs to use Nvidia GPU . Even if you did , it would be overwritten by default settings
_You can't turn off framelimit for PC game
Nvidia Inspector is much better 'cause it can access your driver directly and there is pretty much no limit to what you can do
Quote:how do I add Dolphin to the list?
Create a new profile and add application (Dolphin.exe) to that profile
(03-04-2017, 09:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Nvidia CP has some limits :
_You can't enable MFAA (a type of anti-aliasing , it's better than FXAA)
_You can't force some programs to use Nvidia GPU . Even if you did , it would be overwritten by default settings
_You can't turn off framelimit for PC game
Nvidia Inspector is much better 'cause it can access your driver directly and there is pretty much no limit to what you can do
Create a new profile and add application (Dolphin.exe) to that profile

How do you force the programs to use Nvidia GPU from the Inspector?

kaushalmalkan11

I had this issue and Restarting NVIDIA Display Driver service worked for me. Have you tried it?

If the NVIDIA Display Driver service stuck, you cannot open your NVIDIA control panel either.

Follow these to restart your NVIDIA Display Driver service:

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R (at the same time) to invoke the Run box.
2) Type services.msc and click OK.
3) Find and right-click on the NVIDIA Display Driver service. Then select Restart. If there’s no Restart option, click Start instead.
4) Right-click on the NVIDIA Display Driver service again and this time choose Properties.
5) Set the Startup type to be Automatic.
6) Now open your NVIDIA Control Panel to see if successfully.

This answer from Reddit might be helpful too. You can always look at alternative ways to fix it if this one doesn't work for you.
Thanks for trying the help, but please read our rules about necroposting for future reference:

Quote:Necroposting:In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.