Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Would This Computer Run Dolphin At Full Speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, first post and it's an important one. I'm buying a new computer and need advice. Would this computer run dolphin at full speed? I'm thinking of buying it but need advice on whether all the parts are exactly what i need or not.

http://ibuypower.com/Store/Configurators.aspx?mid=72
short answer is no, no computer can run all the games at full speed.

my machine runs some games at full speed, and some run crawl at 20-30 fps, and some even slower, or dont run at all.
its not the hardware fault, its just that emulator is a very complex piece of software which is hard to optimize 100%.

my machine is Core I7 920
6gig DDR3
HD4850
Well then how is this computer for gaming in general? Is it worth the purchase to play games off steam, and to hopefully run dolphin at decent speeds when better builds come out?

Here's an easier question, do you think it would run super mario galaxy or the legend of zelda twilight princess/widwaker at full spied? I've heard those specific titles had very good comparability.
using the dx9 plugin u will see full speed if not playable speeds in all games
are you 100% sure? If you are Then I'm going to get it. Just need a few more people's opinions to verify.
Ok scratch the first post, how about this? I'm just a few Oks away from buying all these parts and putting together my computer to play dolphin on.

[Image: 1256930901492.th.png]
(10-29-2009, 07:27 PM)razor1911 Wrote: [ -> ]short answer is no, no computer can run all the games at full speed.
I think that the computer in the first post could run games at full speed
(10-29-2009, 07:27 PM)razor1911 Wrote: [ -> ]my machine runs some games at full speed, and some run crawl at 20-30 fps, and some even slower, or dont run at all.
Some games are more demanding that others
(10-29-2009, 07:27 PM)razor1911 Wrote: [ -> ]its not the hardware fault, its just that emulator is a very complex piece of software which is hard to optimize 100%.

my machine is Core I7 920
6gig DDR3
HD4850
And you are right , but to run most games at full speed I think you need a 3.0 Ghz C2D, C2Q , i5 or i7 CPU or higher ( Fuck quad cores, Dolphin only uses two cores Tongue )
And no, I can't run games at full Smile
Get it anyway.
If you don't see full speed right away, you will eventually.
The only factor is time.