Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this work with Dolphin? Extra questions inside!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Practical-Wired-...1846055826) work with Dolphin?
Also, about downloading the system menu, Mii channel and so on. I understand that it is downloading them from Nintendo servers, is that true? I know that Nintendo are against emulation and I don't want to get in trouble. By the way, does the emulator send data to you/nintendo? Of course everything I do with Dolphin is legal and are games dumped from my console but as I said, I know Nintendo hates emulation so I want to be on the safe side.
It should, the only thing the USB is for is power.
(03-03-2017, 12:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It should, the only thing the USB is for is power.

Thanks! And what about my second question?
You can opt (out?) to send information about dolphin (see link for more info):

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/06/19/...reporting/

But nintendo doesn't ever get any information.
(03-03-2017, 12:54 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]But nintendo doesn't ever get any information.

That's not correct. Because Dolphin emulates the network functionality of Wiis, Dolphin will generally send data to Nintendo in the situations that a real console would. (One exception is WiiConnect24.)
(03-03-2017, 01:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's not correct. Because Dolphin emulates the network functionality of Wiis, Dolphin will generally send data to Nintendo in the situations that a real console would. (One exception is WiiConnect24.)

And when downloading the system menu, Mii channel and so on does it download it from a private server or from Nintendo update servers? Is it okay to download system menu, mii channel and so on? Is there a way to disable sending data to Nintendo? If I disconnecty Ethernet everytime I use the emulator, should I be good to go?
(03-03-2017, 01:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's not correct. Because Dolphin emulates the network functionality of Wiis, Dolphin will generally send data to Nintendo in the situations that a real console would. (One exception is WiiConnect24.)

I was writing that assuming that the servers are pretty much down and unused by most people.
(03-03-2017, 01:34 AM)Itay080 Wrote: [ -> ]And when downloading the system menu, Mii channel and so on does it download it from a private server or from Nintendo update servers? Is it okay to download system menu, mii channel and so on? Is there a way to disable sending data to Nintendo? If I disconnecty Ethernet everytime I use the emulator, should I be good to go?

Anyone?
You don't need to worry about sending information to Nintendo. For one thing, they're definitely not looking, and for another thing, I'm fairly certain that they couldn't even tell you were on an emulator. Also it doesn't matter if they don't like emulation; Nintendo doesn't make the law.
FYI Nintendo can't really detect Dolphin if you're using a real NAND anyway.
Pages: 1 2