Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth adapter questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello World,

In my ongoing desperate search to find a bluetooth adapter I have some questions about the wiki list of supported adaters:

1. If on a device "Remembers pairings" says no, does that mean that I just have to recalibrate the wii remote every time I launch the game? And can I still use save states?

2. Do I have to install the devices driver first before I can do that part with installing libusbk or can I just install libusbk straight away? I ask this because the IOGear devices for example install a bunch of annoying garbage programs along with the driver that you can't opt out of and can't uninstall(only by using the manual way of searching your pc and deleting every file/folder and registry that you can find)  from what I read!
So I would much rather do the libusbk hack without ever having to touch the devices drivers if possible.
For 1 you have to press the sync button on the wiimote and dolphin. I believe this won't affect save states and they work just as stated in January's progress report.
Ok, thank you Craftyawesome. What about nr. 2 guys, do I need to install the devices drivers first then libusbk? Or how does it work? The wiki is not very detailed.
1. if it doesn't remember pairings, you have to resync, yes.

2. Nah. As long as your USB adapter shows up in the WinUSB or usbdk (whichever you decide to use) installer, you don't need windows bluetooth drivers installed.
Cool, thank you Helios, but what are those installers you are talking about? I thought I just needed to download&use Zadig like it says in the wiki. Is the wiki out of date?

P.S. This quest is non-related but I figured I might as well try and see if I can get an answer for it here too before starting a new thread. I assume that with Dolphin I can just use the Wii classic controller(this one) to play gamecube games instead of having to use an actual gamecube controller, right?
Sorry, I mean installer as in the utility that sets up Zadig/WinUSB or usbdk.

The wiki is up to date.
Ok, cool. Just one last question, I think/hope.

After searching around some more it seems that finally I just might be able, with a ton of luck to get my hands on one of the adapters the wiki says works for sure, and that would be the Sena UD 100.

However it being an industrial strength adapter with a 300 meters! range right out of the box it begs the question: how exactly am I supposed to keep this connection secure and stop my entire neighbourhood from connecting to it and messing around with it? I mean it's not like a wi-fi connection where I can just set up a login&password, right?

Also please keep in mind that(just like you explained above Helios) it seems I won't be using any drivers or software that comes with it(just in case any of that helps with security).

So.... what advice do you have for me?

Thank you.
You can't use a classic controller in a GameCube game, even with dolphin.
Since the only thing that can access the Bluetooth is the emulated Wii you probably don't have to worry.
Oh, so after I do that libusbk thing the only thing that can use/see the adapter is dolphin and the Wiimote? Cool, that takes a load off.

The controller news sucks... Sad oh well, I should still have plenty of Wii games to keep me busy. Tongue
Ok guys, final question about the adapter.
I finally managed to find an online store in my country that sells one of those bluetooth adapters(a sena UD100 to be specific) and with any luck it should arrive tomorrow or the day after. So once it arrives I should be all set and have all the components needed to get this thing started.

Now as some of you may know(hopefully from personal experience) Sena UD100 is actually and industrial strength adapter that comes with an antenna and a 300 meters range right out of the box.
Now with regular bluetooth adapters, regardless what you use them for(wii remote, headset, keyboard, etc.) I see people recommending that you put them in the front usb ports of the case as slotting them in the back can cause interference.

My question is, do you think that advice still applies in my scenario? Does the adapters signal strength matter or can those interference affect you no matter what? I ask because if I have a choice I'd rather slot it in the back.