Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: sound problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nick90

Hello everyone. First of all, with the latest development versions of Dolphin everything works fine, but on older games audio is choppy. The games in question are Resident Evil 2 and 3. I tried to audio emulation HLE, recompiler LLE and LLE interpreter, Xaudio 2 and OpenAL. But without changes. Yes devoting can solve a thread just for the sound? I remember that in older versions there was this option. Anyway, about the developers for the work they do.
(03-02-2017, 09:16 PM)Nick90 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, with the latest development versions of Dolphin everything works fine, but on older games audio is choppy. The games in question are Resident Evil 2 and 3.

There is currently an audio problem in Resident Evil 2 and 3 specifically, not in older games in general. There is no known fix (other than using an older version of Dolphin, like 5.0).

(03-02-2017, 09:16 PM)Nick90 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes devoting can solve a thread just for the sound? I remember that in older versions there was this option.

Newer versions of Dolphin enable this option automatically when it can be used – the user can't set it manually anymore. But regardless, this option doesn't fix the audio problem in Resident Evil 2/3.
Do you mean LLE on thread? It now turns on when its safe. The latest development versions are faster so that's probably why you aren't stuttering.
(03-02-2017, 10:34 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]The latest development versions are faster so that's probably why you aren't stuttering.

No, the problem is that there is stuttering in recent development versions. This stuttering comes from the RE2/3 bug, not bad performance.

Nick90

I get it. Thanks for the clarifications, try the stable version of Dolphin 5.0 ^^