Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black lines on character faces in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, using Dolphin 5.0.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, well, I already found a similar thread from four years ago, and I looked around for any solutions to my problem, but I couldn't find anything. Basically, characters have purple/black lines on their faces. I saw people run the game without having any of those graphical errors, so perhaps there's a way to get rid of it.. might as well go ask here. (Hope this is the right place. The dedicated support section for the game didn't exactly seem active.)

My settings: 

- Backend: OpenGL
- Aspect Ratio: Auto
- VSync: Off
- Fullscreen Resolution: Auto (Window Size)
- Anti-Aliasing: 4x MSAA
- Anisothropic Filtering: x2
- Post-Processing: Off
- Scaled EFB Copy: On
- Force Texture Filtering: Off
- Disable Fog: Off
- Per-Pixel Lighting: Off
- Widescreen Hack: On
- Force 24-bit Color: On
- Stereoscopic 3D Mode: Off
- Skip EFB Access from CPU: Off
- Ignore Format Changes: On
- Store EFB Copies to Texture Only: On
- Texture Cache: Fast
- External Frame Buffer: Disabled
- Fast Depth Calculation: On
- Disable Bounding Box: On

Having touched the advanced settings at all. Hope that's all you needed. I first noticed it when using Dolphin 5.0, so I thought that switching to an experimental build might fix it. Unfortunately, it didn't. In fact, nothing changed. (Sorry, I have absolutely no experience with this stuff, and I got a bit desperate as a result.) The build I'm currently running is "Dolphin 5.0-2684". The Dolphin Wiki says that it's related to the Anisothropic Filtering, however, I haven't found a way to disable it.

Guess I'll also include my computer specifications, perhaps it'll help. At least I hope so.

[color=#333333]Computer Specifications:[/color]

[color=#333333]- OS: Windows 10 64-bit[/color]

[color=#333333]- CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz[/color]

[color=#333333]- RAM: 16 GB (8x2) DDR-4[/color]

[color=#333333]- GPU: GTX 960 (4 GB)[/color]

[color=#333333]Thanks for taking the time to help me. I included a screenshot of the game. The lines show differently depending on what kind of scene they appear. Sometimes, they aren't present at all, and sometimes, they literally cover the whole face and make it look deformed. This one right here is a mild case.[/color]

[Image: DGrGqLS.png]
(03-02-2017, 03:38 AM)Winter Wrote: [ -> ]The Dolphin Wiki says that it's related to the Anisothropic Filtering, however, I haven't found a way to disable it.

Disabling the anisotropic filtering means setting it to 1x.
Try changing internal resolution to either a defined number (1x/2x/3x) or "auto (multiples of 640x528)"

Please don't use "auto (window size)", it breaks things. Is that still default?

Also, this may be a known issue that's affecting a number of games, but I want to rule this out first.
(03-02-2017, 04:05 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing internal resolution to either a defined number (1x/2x/3x) or "auto (multiples of 640x528)"

Please don't use "auto (window size)", it breaks things. Is that still default?

Also, this may be a known issue that's affecting a number of games, but I want to rule this out first.

Lovely. Apparently, it's been fixed by changing it to a defined number. I think, the default setting was "Native (640x528), though, I'm not sure about that.

@JosJuice: Noted. I was thinking about that it might've been the case, but I wasn't too sure about it.. :p