Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: High Contrast themes in Windows 10 - slowdown in OpenGL and Vulkan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wasn't sure where to put this or if it was okay to submit an issue, so I wanted to post this here first. I learned that Windows 10 has an issue when using high contrast themes with certain programs. Specifically seems to affect emulators using OpenGL rendering. Though in Dolphin's case this also affects Vulkan as well. It causes the speed in all games to be cut in half. DirectX backends seem to function correctly though.

I posted a topic on the emulation reddit and someone replied with what may be the answer-
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme...d_in_some/

This affects some other emulators as well using OpenGL plugins (Project64, SNES9x, PPSSPP, Cemu, Citra), but I figured I would mention it here as Dolphin is included. It isn't my computer, it's more than power enough to handle whatever I throw at it (Core i5 4670k @4.2ghz, 8GB DDR3 ram, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB). The issue disappears when running a normal Windows theme.