Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No, the Bluetooth adapter that is being used is logged at the notice level (IIRC)
Alright, here's the log output:

30:18:337 IOS\USB\Bluetooth\BTReal.cpp:118 N[IOS_WIIMOTE]: Using device 0cf3:e300 (rev 1) for Bluetooth:
30:23:172 IOS\USB\Bluetooth\BTReal.cpp:490 N[IOS_WIIMOTE]: Faking 'sync button pressed' (0x08) event packet
30:29:516 IOS\USB\Bluetooth\BTReal.cpp:490 N[IOS_WIIMOTE]: Faking 'sync button pressed' (0x08) event packet

If 0cf3:e300 is the hardware/vendor ID for the BT device it's using, then that's definitely the problem because that is not the ID for my adapter.
Are you on a laptop? Vendor 0cf3 is commonly used by Atheros on mini PCI Express WiFi cards with built-in Bluetooth...
I am indeed using a laptop. And my laptop does have built-in Bluetooth, but I use the external dongle because it gives me less issues. So I guess it is using the wrong device. How do I tell it to use the right one?
Alright, looking at my device manager, I may have stumbled across another underlying issue... it looks like the libusbk driver was installed for my card's internal Bluetooth rather than my external BT adapter. Not quite sure how that happened, since I think it's the only relevant device that was listed in zadig when I opened it.

EDIT: OH SHIT BOYS I FOUND IT

It was called something completely different than what I expected, but I'm going to replace the driver now and test it later when I have a Wiimote on me. Also, is there no way to use a device for passthrough in Dolphin while simultaneously using it for regular BT devices as well? Because that's very inconvenient.
Alright, I got it working. Turns out the problem was that I had installed the driver for the wrong Bluetooth device, as I found above. But I'm actually not going to use passthrough for now since for one thing it's incredibly inconvenient to have the adapter unusable for any other device, and for another thing, I found that my adapter does not remember the pairing once I quit a game. Maybe I'll buy a newer BT adapter one day and I'll use this old one as a delegated Wiimote device then. Thanks for the help anyway.
Pages: 1 2