Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Wrong wiimote pointer location when pointing at the screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bskull

Hello, I am running DolphinVR, and using the Vive and its controllers. I have an issue with Super Mario Galaxy (not sure If it happens in any other game). In the beginning part, I was able to point and collect star bits almost perfectly fine. I have a problem, however, when trying to point at the blue sling stars (the ones in the observatories). I can not find where to point anywhere on the 2-d aimable area to get the star. When I shoot a star bit (which is designed to shoot where you point), the star bit just falls VERY short at a weird angle/direction out of the camera (headset).

I am unsure if this is a SMG issue, or this issue is with other games, as I only have SMG set up. That is why I posted it here, in the general support.

Any idea how to fix this pointing issue? I hope I described it well enough.

Addition info:

Intel i5 4590
GTX 980
Windows 10 x64
Dolphin 5.0 (latest VR build)
16gb ram

Also, if anyone knows the AR code to disable culling for Super Mario Galaxy, please let me know it too. It is not on the subreddit for it.

Thank you!

Edit: Craftyawesome answered. Disabling Skip EFB fixed the issue.
Is skip efb disabled?

bskull

Thank you! Skip EFB was enabled. I disabled it, and it worked again.

Now that it is disabled, the pointer works properly, but the audio is clipping. Not too sure if the FPS is dropping as well. Do you know how to fix that? It does not matter whether I use native resolution, or 3x resolution; the clipping sounds the same.

Is there a way to mark the main topic as answered? or does this forum not do that?
I don't know how that build works, but I imagine show fps works on the monitor. Openal should stretch the audio if you lag. Also I think some of the back ends are significantly slower with efb than others.
Also the closest thing to marking as solved is putting it in the title.
We don't support DolphinVR.