Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Nunchuk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EthanML10

So i wanted to play Skyward Sword but when i opened it, it showed the Nunchuk Connecting thing and so i went to extensions and I added the nunchuk but it still isn't working. Help please?
You need to use a Real Wii Remote + Nunchuck as we do not support emulated Wiimotion Plus.

EthanML10

Okay. I guess I will just have to find another emulator.
There is no other wii emulator.
(03-03-2017, 08:23 AM)EthanML10 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. I guess I will just have to find another emulator.

Yeah, good luck with that.
(03-03-2017, 08:23 AM)EthanML10 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. I guess I will just have to find another emulator.

LOL! I guess he tried to tell us Tongue

EthanML10

So there is seriously no other way to play emulated wii games? Why would they put a setting you can't use?
(07-18-2017, 07:29 AM)EthanML10 Wrote: [ -> ]So there is seriously no other way to play emulated wii games? Why would they put a setting you can't use?

I don't think you're quite getting what's being told to you, so I'm going to try and break it down really easily.

Dolphin is a Gamecube/Wii emulator.  Skyward Sword is a Wii game.  Skyward Sword requires a MotionPlus in order to play it.  There is no way for us to emulate a motionplus with pretty much any other type of controller.  There just aren't enough degrees of movement with an analog stick or a mouse to replicate the data the motionplus sends.  As a result, the only way to really play the game is connect a Wii Remote with a MotionPlus attached (or a Wii Remote Plus) to your computer and use that.  There aren't any settings in Dolphin that you "can't use".  The problem is that you do not have the hardware required to play the game.  You can say "I guess I just have to find another emulator" then, but A) there aren't any (at least not any that are worth using) and B) a different emulator won't solve your issue, the problem isn't the emulator, it's you.

EDIT: I'll even go as far as to link you to the missing pieces of the puzzle that should solve your issue. This is a sensor bar made to work with Dolphin. All you have to do is set your controller to "Real Controller" in the settings, and sync the controller to the dolphinbar https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010-Wir...B00HZWEB74 and here's a controller with motion plus and a nunchuck for you https://www.amazon.com/Built-Nunchuck-Co...B00ENEG73S

Just to make it clear. Without those two items (well... the Dolphin Bar is semi-optional, you can use a regular bluetooth adapter, but the dolphinbar is really the way to go), you cannot play Skyward Sword. Pretty much any other Wii game, sure. Super Mario Galaxy? Go for it. Red Steel? Why not? NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams? No way for us to stop you. Skyward Sword? You need an actual controller with Motion Plus. That's just the way it is, and it's not likely to ever change, honestly, unless someone manages to emulate motionplus with a PS Move or Vive controller or something.