Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save game mechanics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I accidentally deleted my animal crossing data in the gmc. 
I don't know if there's a way to get it back or not, but I also 
have a fairly recent save state. Problem is when I load the 
save state animal crossing says I don't have the card with 
my game data on it.
Confused

Thanks,
Space
Well, try to load the save state and then save to the memory card? That's kind of your only hope at this point...
Sounds like they tried that but the game doesn't want to make a brand new save in the middle of gameplay on a fresh card.
(02-24-2017, 04:48 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like they tried that but the game doesn't want to make a brand new save in the middle of gameplay on a fresh card.

Yup exactly. I need a way to force the game to make new save data
You have two options. I doubt either of them will work.

1. Start up animal crossing and let it format the memory card, load your save state, then try saving again.

2. Start up animal crossing. Start a new game, I dunno how animal crossing works but put it in the same slot / same name as your save state's expected save. Load up your save state, try saving.
You could try to recover the deleted file with a program like Recuva. Usually when Windows deletes a file, it more or less marks it as deleted. As long as no new file has overwritten it, you can recover most files that are deleted.
(02-24-2017, 04:58 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You have two options. I doubt either of them will work.

1. Start up animal crossing and let it format the memory card, load your save state, then try saving again.

2. Start up animal crossing. Start a new game, I dunno how animal crossing works but put it in the same slot / same name as your save state's expected save. Load up your save state, try saving.
Well they didn't work.
(02-25-2017, 01:08 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]You could try to recover the deleted file with a program like Recuva. Usually when Windows deletes a file, it more or less marks it as deleted. As long as no new file has overwritten it, you can recover most files that are deleted.

Thanks I knew that but I didn't know if a file recovery program would work because its formatted as a memory card.

I ended up just restarting and going at 200% speed to get through most of it.