Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LoZ Skyward Sword timeshift stone issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

richrard

In Lanayru when activating/deactivating a timeshift stone the whole world turns black except for the expanding/shrinking timeshifted area until the animation is done. This wasn't really and issue until I encountered a moving timeshift stone, and when that's activated the whole world stays black except for the timeshift area, and I can't really progress.

All that I could find says that this can be solved by disabling Fast Depth Calculation, but it's disabled in settings and in the game's config .ini and the issue persists.

I've tried toggling just about every other setting too, updating GPU drivers, and updating/downgrading Dolphin. Tried with a slightly old 5.0 nightly, then latest, then latest 5.0 stable, then last 4.0. It happens in both OpenGL and Direct3D 11 and 12.

I'm out of ideas, any help would be appreciated, I'd like to re-beat LoZ SS before the new one comes out.

Operating System: Windows 10.0.14393
Processor/CPU: i7-6700k
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Memory/RAM: 2x8GB G. Skill DDR4 2133
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0-2577

richrard

I ended up trying again a few hours later and got it working. In case somebody finds this thread when they have the same problem, what worked for me was downgrading the GPU drivers to the earliest driver available for my card in NVIDIA's 'beta and older drivers' section (version 368.81).

I doubt this is a general NVIDIA driver problem, otherwise it should have come up before now. Possibly a 10 series driver issue, or a specific 1060 issue. Also, I don't know at what version the problem starts. First noticed it with a 376.XX driver, then I tried the 378.66.
That bug was fixed like three years ago! How did you manage to make that occur again? :/