Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a beginner tutorial for porting ar codes to another region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

does anybody know a good beginner tutorial for porting ar codes to other regions (GCN)?

The best would be a tutorial on Youtube. (Only found one for porting DS codes)

The one onĀ arcentral.net doesn't help me.
Assuming you're dealing with fixed-offset writes, one way to do it without much knowledge of the assembly is to make a memory dump of the version that works with the code, then check the data around the offset that's being patched. Make another memory dump of the version you want to port the code to, and then search for this same region of the dol with a hex editor.

You just have to be careful with nearby branch instructions, because they will have different values in each version, so if you see a command that contains a relative offset, you'll need a hex editor that supports wildcard searching so you can eliminate those variables and only search for the matching instructions themselves. If you're lucky there will be a sequence of several opcodes that won't appear anywhere else in the dol, so it'll be easy to find the right offset to patch between versions.
especially branches to external functions. You could give us the AR codes for the original region and game
0A3F5018 00000004
423D1D38 01124204

It's for Wind Waker PAL
Could someone change it to Wind Waker NTSC-J?
It would probably be easier to use NTSC-U as a base rather than PAL.
(02-28-2017, 08:06 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]It would probably be easier to use NTSC-U as a base rather than NTSC-J.

But I don't have the NTSC-U version Undecided
But we already have a code for NTSC-U. I guess it would be hard to work with if you don't have the original game, but you could work with someone who does. Also, it's possible I'm wrong and it's not really harder to work from PAL to NTSC-J. Also sorry for the typo above, I've edited it to be what I meant it to be.
I don't know anyone who does. I also posted a request in the gc-forever forums a while ago but no one replied..