Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing City Folk save issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hammer55

Hi all! I'm trying to play Animal Crossing City Folk in Dolphin, but the game never allows me to load my save. The game loads up and runs fine and allows me to save, but if I end the emulation and try to load my save, I get an in-game error that says "Could not access Wii system memory." I've tried starting some new saves, but each time I get this error.

I dumped the disc using CleanRip and the MD5 matches, so it shouldn't be my game iso. I'm using Dolphin 5.0-2569.

One thing to note is that when I stop the emulation, the game takes a while to shut down. It doesn't throw me any errors at this time, but it takes a little while to close.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Make sure the windows User Access Control let's you read the save file. If that's all good and it still doesn't work, you should check to see if you can save and load using dolphin v5.0-rc.
Try 5.0-2565 instead. 5.0-2567 is known to cause saving problems in at least Metroid Prime 3, and it wouldn't surprise me if Wii games other than that one also are affected.

Hammer55

That worked JosJuice, switching to 5.0-2565 loaded the save just fine, I didn't even have to make a new one.

Thanks for the help!
We'll try to fix it in latest dev soon. Appears to be a windows only bug. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
Fixed in the latest dev versions now.