Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: save files being shareware?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
btw are save files shareware because someone from tats top videos named ClownPrinceofCrime said that piracy to share save game files.
We don't consider sharing game saves to be piracy. Game saves mostly contain... save data. It'd be different if we found out that game saves had massive amounts of copyrighted material (like game music or lot of in-game graphics) but I can't think of any game that's ever done that, mainly because it'd be pointless when the goal is generally to make saves as small as possible.
(02-22-2017, 05:30 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]We don't consider sharing game saves to be piracy. Game saves mostly contain... save data. It'd be different if we found out that game saves had massive amounts of copyrighted material (like game music or lot of in-game graphics) but I can't think of any game that's ever done that, mainly because it'd be pointless when the goal is generally to make saves as small as possible.
thanks because i know they wont just he hate emulators think that they are piracy even though the counts sided with them