Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using JIT Recompiler in Linux (ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bamablemodena

Hello Fellow Dolphin gamers! I have a rather curious predicament, when using Dolphin on my 64 bit linux OS the game crashes whenever I use the JIT recompiler(which if we're honest is the only great way to play) instead I am forced to use the cached interpreter which does not give me a satisfactory frame rate on even the simplest of Gamecube games. This is an OS specific issue as my computer also runs Windows and can play full Wii Games at a solid 60 FPS I'm a huge fan of linux and would love to fully crossover into the sudo world, but this is kind of holding me back. Give it to me straight doc! I can take it.

Error message is attached
"WriteRest: op out of range (0x4154a0f1 uses 0x5578102a80e8)"
Why do you bold random words?

Anyways, this is a known bug if you or your package maintainer is enabling PIE/PIC when compiling Dolphin. It breaks the x86_64 JIT. We explicitly disable it in the cmake scripts. Don't enable it.
Note that it wasn't explicitly disabled in the cmake scripts in the 5.0 stable release. You might have to disable it manually.
Are you using from PPA? I'm pretty sure I disabled PIE/PIC there