Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough Bug Introduced between 5.0-2501 and 5.0-2505
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Im having similar problems with bt. Sometimes launch the game fine, others launch the game with a black screen and I have to kill dolphin with task admin.

Im thinking is related to bt passtrough. Tested two different pc with two different home made bt and the same.

Never happened before and I use bt pt since 4 or 5 months ago.

Also experienced the wiimote on even after closing dolphin.
5.0-1905 has the same error messages and hang that happens in 2501 and earlier.

5.0-1888 worked fine the first time I tested it, but the second time it printed the error message once in the log, but then shut down normally after a second or two longer than normal. It also displays a warning when booting a game stating "ScheduleEvent from wrong thread (non-CPU)". Third time was normal shutdown, forth time took a bit longer to shutdown, but didn't print the error in the log.

5.0-1886 worked with no errors in the log for at least a dozen start ups and shut downs. There was one time that it took a bit longer to shut down and printed the USB FATAL ERROR in the log, but it still shut down 1 second later. It also occasionally displayed the ScheduleEvent warning window at start up.
Thats good to know. Dolphin got hard to use with this hangs.

Also thought it could be related to graphic render, since I switch to vulkan a few days ago. but seems to be the bt.

Mostly the second game to load get blackscreen and hang dolphin. With games like just dance series, I can reproduce the bug almost 100% of the time. The first game you try always load fine.

Also switched some days ago from libusb to libusbK, not sure if it s related.

Edit. disabled passthrough and no more blackscreen. Loaded 10 times big brain academy, no problem.

Edit 2. Enabled bt passthrough, loaded big brain academy, 6 times and got blackscreen and dolphin hang at the sixth.
Could you figure out whether that game uses USB_KBD?

Enable logs for IOS in Dolphin, set the log level to Info and check whether there is "Opening /dev/usb/kbd" in the logs.
In my case, I've been testing with Animal Crossing: City Folk, and the log does not say anything about Opening /dev/usb/kbd.
Are you sure about that? Animal Crossing: City Folk definitely uses a USB keyboard.
I find easier to get blackscreen on launch with just dance games.

They use usb mic if this help..
(03-05-2017, 06:12 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure about that? Animal Crossing: City Folk definitely uses a USB keyboard.

Sorry. I did not have the log set to Info. Yes, I do see where it opens /dev/usb/kbd.
Tried today build.

Launched just dance 2016, Works fine, closed it, launched just dance 2014, black screen dolphin hangs, killed from task manager.
I can confirm that 5.0-2833 still hangs on shutdown and must be killed via Task Manager.
Pages: 1 2 3 4