Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: VC games on dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello....I have browsed around the forums trying to find this answer and I see "it's an emulator within an emulator so you are better off going with the Emu for those systems".

I get that but am still wondering if there is a way to change the resolution of VC games in dolphin. I know it has a widescreen option but there is a way to get a higher resolution from them like you can with the stand alone SNES/NES emus?

Thanks
You can't render NES/SNES at higher resolutions in Dolphin, and I don't know of any way for any other emulator to do it either.

You can render N64 games at higher resolutions in Dolphin by increasing the internal resolution, like with any GameCube/Wii game.
I often play Super Mario 64 using dolphin's VC. I even play them in stereoscopic 3D.

To change the resolution go to [Graphics -> Enhancements -> Internal Resolution].
(02-18-2017, 07:28 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You can't render NES/SNES at higher resolutions in Dolphin, and I don't know of any way for any other emulator to do it either.

You can render N64 games at higher resolutions in Dolphin by increasing the internal resolution, like with any GameCube/Wii game.

maybe I'm not using the proper technical wording....when I play NES games on the emulator on classic xbox there is an option to display it in 480p instead of 480i but when I load up a NES VC game in dolphin it looks like its 480i...like when you plug a NES with RCA cables into a modern HDTV..it has that kind of crappy fuzzy look
(02-18-2017, 07:30 AM)qschellenberg Wrote: [ -> ]I often play Super Mario 64 using dolphin's VC. I even play them in stereoscopic 3D.

To change the resolution go to [Graphics -> Enhancements -> Internal Resolution].

Thank you...I will try this out