Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 360 controller with dolphin r4470, joysticks not working soloution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jpepper07

I struggled for quite a few hours to make my wired 360 controller work properly with dolphin. I had both version of twilight princess. I tried the wii, the wiimote recognized the joysticks but not xinput. I believe it installed the xbcd drivers for my 360 controller but was unable to to remove it.

I used xpadder to map everything and the mouse as the pointer in wii. This worked properly but i ran into a Shake problem. I had no wiimote to set up movements. I found some recorded movements but didnt know how to put them into the plugin at the time.

So i decided to use gamecube version of the game instead. Only downside was that i already started on the wii and i got use to the game on wii. The wii version of twilight princess is flipped because of how you sing the chuck for the sword. Did not seem right to have your sword in your left hand when you swung your right hand. So they flipped everything, complete mirror of the game. Instead of redoing the model.

I started on the gc version but was unable to make the joysticks work with njoy, or the trigger values. I looked for answers everywhere, no good information. People just telling other people that it should work and they are idiots. So i saw a few topics people saying it worked before and what not. So i used a revision before 3800. I used 3769s njoy plugin.
The njoy 0.3 plugin from revision 3769 correctly registered my joysticks and trigger values. This fixed all my problems.

Summary: Older revisions with njoy 0.3 plugin may work for your pad if the newer revisions dont. For the 360 controller the 3769 > 4470 revision with njoy plugin.

I figured i would mention this, so that maybe developement can figure out what was changed between the two.

felt since it took me so long to find that maybe i should post on the forums.