Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anybody built with a g4560 yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Searched, and found some mentions, but I'm thinking about building with one soon and was wondering what people thought about the g4560 as a budget processor for emulators? Emulators being Dolphin, Cemu, Citra eventually, DS emulators etc. Will be sans gpu for a while so not expecting miracles but emulators are mostly cpu intensive right? Will likely pair it with a 480 down the line. Will I get a board that can run my DDR4 at its fastest (3000mhz)? Finding a cheap matx or itx board with decent ports like hdmi 2.0, gen 2 usb 3.0 is proving tricky, if someone has any recommendations for boards I'll take them too. Thanks!
it's a budget CPU but the motherboard that comes with it is not cheap
Budget Skylake mobo is only 45->$50 and skylake i3 6100 is $110 atm...
As for AMD RX 480 , you should steer clear of it if you want to run Cemu at good speed
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cemu-and-xcx...st-7093463
RX 480 is crashing alot on Dolphin . You can verify this within a few clicks (google)
oof. Thanks very much for letting me know. Thats weird. Last I heard amd actually had an advantage, Tekken Tags characters were only displaying on amd cards. Thatsucks. They really should work on the amd side some.
AMD card was bad for Cemu from the beginning ...Since Exzap is a Nvidia user and his emu is not open-source which means it's unlikely to be improved anytime soon (for AMD users)
And btw , here is the skylake motherboard I'm talking about
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Skylake-3-1Mi...023&sr=8-2
4x USB 3.1 ports (a.k.a USB 3.0 gen 2) and one HDMI port for $50
Most kabylake mobo are over $80 atm
Can a g4560 even run RAM at higher than 2133? Weird that H boards are all stuck at 2133.
Does it really matter ? Between 2400MHz(OCed DDR3) and 1600MHz , I saw no performance gain
Unless you use iGPU which will benefit a lot from high frequency...
Higher frequency = Higher (iGPU) memorybandwidth
Edit : Here , i found this on anandtech
[Image: 76365.png]
2% performance gain which is not noticeable at all
Yes I will be on igpu for a while.
Then you shouldn't buy G4560 , because it has the weakest iGPU of the bunch
G4560 : Intel HD 610
G4600 : Intel HD 630
G4620 : Intel HD 630
i3 6100 : Intel HD 530
Base on Benchmark : HD 610 (10-15FPS lower) < HD 530 (1-2FPS lower) < HD 630
If you are going to be purchasing a Pentium to use the iGPU with - I would recommend the G4620 because of the Intel HD 630. (The G4600 also contains the HD 630, however is 100Mhz lower for $10 less.)
I actually saw that and was thinking about it, yeah... hard to find video benches between it and the g4560's graphics though.
Pages: 1 2 3