Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Prefetch Custom Textures Crashes Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ayeh

hello all,

i'm super new to dolphin so please excuse my lack of expertise (sorry!) so i'm trying to play paper mario: the thousand year door with custom textures. my graphics settings were initially set to "prefetch custom textures" and "load custom textures", but dolphin would crash every time i opened it with an error with "crashed thread: prefetch 14/15/16" so i turned off "prefetch custom textures" and it worked a little better. however, after entering rogueport and entering west rogueport, the game crashed in the transition between the two areas.

this is especially odd because it has worked perfectly fine before. i haven't added new textures since the crashing started. i'm currently on dolphin 5 (the latest build) on macbook (x64, i believe).

i heard this was a problem with storage space, but the problem is my texture pack is only around 25 mb and my computer has 17 gb of overall storage left. my RAM memory is 8 gb and i have about 2 gb of free space; i read that this happens because of low RAM storage but i don't think 25 mb of textures can take up all that space, even if decompressed later on. anyway, does anyone know how i could possibly fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!