Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Major slowdowns across multiple games, hardware related?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

muf0o

Had a problem for awhile now with dolphin running very slow, often below 10 fps during gameplay. The only game in particular that I want to play on dolphin is nintendo puzzle collection but i have noticed on several games. The menus are very slow and the gameplay is even slower sometimes dropping below 7 fps, which for a timed puzzle game is kind of nice but I would still rather be at full speed.

CPU: intel i7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz

12 GB ram

and a GTX 660M GPU

as far as settings I have tried OpenGL, 3D9 and 3D11 and have noticed no change between them at native resolution.

Have tried dual core and idle skipping enabled again no real change.

One thing of interesting note perhaps is that once I start the game if I go back into graphics settings for DX there is only an option for the intel integrated graphics. Even though when I first start dolphin the NVIDIA card shows up.

Computer fans are clean and overall laptop is running fairly cool so I am at a bit of a loss as to why dolphin's performance is so slow. I've tried restarting numerous times, different versions of dolphin, pretty much everything I can think of.

EDIT: also I have tried going into NVIDIA control panel and forcing dolphin to use the NVIDIA card but still the only option is the intel card after going into the graphics menu for the second time.
Update to 5.0 if you want support
Your CPU is pretty slow. Are you sure it's running at 2.3GHz without turbo ? For most games , you will need at least a 3GHz CPU
Also , Dolphin no longer supports x86 system

muf0o

(02-14-2017, 03:32 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is pretty slow. Are you sure it's running at 2.3GHz without turbo ? For most games , you will need at least a 3GHz CPU
Also , Dolphin no longer supports x86 system

It is running at around 3 GHz when I check it.  I also have tried 5.0 still runs slow at around 11 fps during gameplay
Even with Intel HD , it shouldn't be that slow. What are your settings ?
As long as you use native resolution , most games should run fine on Intel HD 4000
Quote:I also have tried 5.0 still runs slow at around 11 fps during gameplay
I assume that you have already reinstalled windows . Because Dolphin 5.0 only run on x64 OS
Have you got Nvidia GPU to work with Dolphin yet ?