Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Sonic Mega Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sonic Mega Collection

[Image: capa_megacollection.jpg]

Take a trip back in time with the character that redefined video games in Sonic Mega Collection for the Nintendo GameCube. Sonic Mega Collection is packed with seven classic Sonic games, each presented in its original blistering-fast form. Trace the blue blur's roots in the first three Sonic the Hedgehog games, and expand the experience with Sonic & Knuckles' lock-on technology. Then mix things up with Sonic Spinball, Sonic 3D Blast, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. And if you need a break from the action, head over to the Extras section and check out movies, illustrations, and comics of Sega's signature character. You'll get it all seven times over when you pick up the Sonic Mega Collection!
IGN.com

General Settings
  • Dual Core: Enabled
  • Idle Skipping: Enabled
  • Unlimited JIT Cache: Disabled
  • LLE DSP on thread: Enabled
  • Optimize Quantiziers: Enabled
  • Use the JIT Dynarec: Enabled
  • Watchdog: 60

OpenGL/Direct3D Settings

No special settings to mention

DSP Settings
  • Other Audio (Throttle): Disabled

Known Problems

Sonic 3D Blast doesn't work, all other games are playable, but don't have any music or sounds. Recommended to use other audio disabled and framelimit set to auto for full speed.

Overall

Game is playable at full speed, controls are fine, graphics seem to be okay. Status: [color=#0000CD]Playable[/color]

Screenshots/Videos

YouTube video coming soon

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask questions about the game here
:o!! Gonna search it on ebay!
Must have that game ^^.

Sonic and tails ftw! Lol :p.
As of version 4460, I got Sonic 3D Blast to work on regular Dolphin.exe... DolphinIL crashes when trying to access whichever game.

Framelimit is auto, the game runs at somewhat full speed. It does include some graphical glitches (especially the score screen when clearing an Act!) and sometimes the screen doesn't scroll very well.

In Rusty Ruin, those circling spikeball chains or whatever doesn't move properly. Smoothly a bit, stops for few seconds, then smoothly again.

I didn't play further than Rusty Ruin, act 2, so I can't say if the game is beatable, but I'll try to make some progress...

Using NTSC-U version by the way. Here's a screenshot.
For those graphical problems, try disabling "safe texture cache".
(10-28-2009, 07:13 PM)ector Wrote: [ -> ]For those graphical problems, try disabling "safe texture cache".

Works perfectly! Thank you. While it also replaces opening movie with black screen, you only need to wait a bit before it goes to main menu automatically. At least it fixes all other graphical errors so far.