Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is Wii saving during netplay in the works at all?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JJTheJetPlane27

I am wondering if any progress was being made with Wii NANDs in regard to saving during netplay. A friend and I were playing Kirby Return to Dreamland, stopped, and came back realizing all the progress was lost which is disheartening to say the least. Any comment would be appreciated.
Using save files (for the game that's booted through Dophin) is working now. Update to a development version.

JJTheJetPlane27

(02-11-2017, 04:49 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Using save files (for the game that's booted through Dophin) is working now. Update to a development version.

Thanks for telling me this, but it still didnt work for me. we both deleted all our wii save data and messed around with the controls, but as we tried connecting we desynced immediately once a button was pressed. we set his wiimote to the second one and mine to the first and we were still experiencing desyncs, so i think ill just hold off on playing it for a bit.
Which version were you using? Right now, there's a guaranteed Wii Remote desync problem that started with... Hmm, I think it was 5.0-2449? So use an older version than that for now.

JJTheJetPlane27

(02-12-2017, 06:04 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Which version were you using? Right now, there's a guaranteed Wii Remote desync problem that started with... Hmm, I think it was 5.0-2449? So use an older version than that for now.

sorry, thought i included the version i was using. we were using 5. 2482 at the time. to run through what we did to try getting it to work, we were both using emulated wiimote. we both set our controls to wiimote 1 and configured, realised it did not work and figured there was an issue with the controllers being strange so we set up for keyboard. we made it to where he was using wiimote 2 and i was using wiimote 1, and had each others settings set as well such as me having my wiimote 2 to his controls and vice versa. Im just now realising however this might have screwed it up, so ill try disabling wiimote 2 and have him do the same for wiimote 1.
(02-12-2017, 06:40 AM)JJTheJetPlane27 Wrote: [ -> ]we made it to where he was using wiimote 2 and i was using wiimote 1, and had each others settings set as well such as me having my wiimote 2 to his controls and vice versa.

If I remember right, that's the right way to do it. (Though the important part is just that the Wii Remotes of the other players are set up and have the right extension, not that the actual control mapping matches.) Please download 5.0-2441 and try it again: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/fb2...0a860dd0d/
Setting up Wii Remotes on Wii netplay is really dumb currently. It's complicated.

JJTheJetPlane27

and that did it, the version you linked worked for me. thanks for your help.