Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Monkey Ball 2 audio problem in World 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having audio problems with Super Monkey Ball 2 on my MacBook Air. Everything works flawlessly except for World 7 (Bubbly Washing Machine). I can only play one level (with in game music), and every time I go into a new level (just in World 7) there is NO in game music. I tried changing the audio settings from CoreAudio to OpenAL and back again, and I tried the different DSP emulator engines (DSP HLE emulation, DSP LLE recompiler, and DSP LLE interpreter), and I always have that problem.

Again, the audio is flawless EXCEPT for World 7. How do I fix this problem? It's really getting on my nerves since that's my favorite music in the game!!
Are you using Dolphin 5.0, or one of the dev builds?
(02-11-2017, 02:05 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Dolphin 5.0, or one of the dev builds?

I'm using 5.0.
If you go to the downloads page, scroll down and get the latest dev build and see if it has the same issue.

Because the dev builds are not installers, you have to extract the zip file to somewhere that is NOT the 5.0 install path. So extract it to like your Desktop or something. It will read your save files perfectly fine since they are saved in the Global directory wherever Mac saves them.......
(02-11-2017, 02:17 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Because the dev builds are not installers, you have to extract the zip file to somewhere that is NOT the 5.0 install path.

That's not how it works on macOS. Both stable versions and development versions are dmg files.
I stand corrected then
(02-11-2017, 02:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's not how it works on macOS. Both stable versions and development versions are dmg files.
So what should I do to get the Bubbly Washing Machine music to work properly every time?
Try the dev build
(02-11-2017, 02:27 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try the dev build

So would it be safe for me to drag the .iso file for SMB2 onto my desktop, and import it into Dolphin again when I download the latest dev build? (I just made a backup of my computer in case anything goes wrong.)
I downloaded the latest dev build, and my save files were intact. The music is fine now (I'll keep playing for a half-hour to make sure that it works), but the game no longer runs at a steady 60fps. Sad
Pages: 1 2