Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HP envy convertible intel i7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LastNightOwl

Hello everyone another newbie...

I have downloaded Dolphin 5.0 for Windows x64. The game I've tried to play is Mario Golf Toadstool tour. So when I tried to play the game the audio came in clear with no picture and a pop up window that read:

Failed to compile vertex shader!
This usually happens when trying to use Dolphin with and outdated GPU or integrated GPU like the Intel GMA series.

Debug info (Intel, Intel® HD Graphics 620, 4.4.0 - Build 21.20.16.4471):
ERROR: 1:1: 'std140' : syntax error syntax error

I've tried to follow the laptop performance guide which I found in the forums here, and my best result is that the game will run at about 38-42 fps instead of 60.

So my interpretation is that I need to get a graphics card. I apologize for my ignorance but I am not knowledgeable in what's good and what's not and how I should go about getting a graphics card installed. I would appreciate if some of you kind (and handsome!) users on here could steer me into the right direction! Smile

Some examples of games I would like to play in the future are Melee, mario strikers charged, pokemon xd, metal gear solid: twin snakes, and mario kart double dash

Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Processor: Intel Core i7-7500U
GPU: Intel Graphics 620
Memory: 16 GB
Dolphin: 5.0 x64
Just use the latest dev build. It has been fixed there.

You can't get a new graphics card installed into a notebook though. If you want better performance, the only thing you can do is get a computer with a better GPU.

EDIT: 1000$? Jesus Christ. If you bought this thing intending to play on it, you got ripped off.

LastNightOwl

(02-10-2017, 08:18 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Just use the latest dev build. It has been fixed there.

You can't get a new graphics card installed into a notebook though. If you want better performance, the only thing you can do is get a computer with a better GPU.

EDIT: 1000$? Jesus Christ. If you bought this thing intending to play on it, you got ripped off.

Latest dev build of dolphin? Where can I find this?

EDIT: I bought it when I sold my mac, got a cyber monday deal for about $650. Would still like to play on it though. Sad
(02-10-2017, 08:25 PM)LastNightOwl Wrote: [ -> ]Latest dev build of dolphin? Where can I find this?

EDIT: I bought it when I sold my mac, got a cyber monday deal for about $650. Would still like to play on it though. Sad
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/?nocr=true
Quote:I bought it when I sold my mac, got a cyber monday deal for about $650.
That's still expensive for a dual core laptop
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-...205.0.html
Because if you pay $100 more , you can get a gaming laptop with Quad Core i5 6300HQ + Nvidia GTX 1050 (dell 7567)
Another $100 and you can get top of the line i7 7700HQ + GTX 1050ti 4GB
An ultrabook is not fit for gaming . If you want to play game on a laptop , please buy a gaming laptop
Anyway , you can try changing the CPU multiplier and force it run at 3000MHz (3.0GHz) or higher speed . Ultra low voltage CPU like i7 7500u tends to run at low power state and that is not good for Dolphin