Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So im new to dolphin, and am pretty bad with it. A friend got it for me, and i have SSBB ready to play, only thing is is the controls. I'd rather learn the keyboard than the controller, and i would most probaly be playing with friends, and so just wondering if there is anyway to set the controls up so that at least 2 people can play at the same keyboard

p.s. i want this set up so i can do this at school also
I mean you can use the keyboard for however many controllers you want, but it's going to be crowded and terrible... plus you won't have any analogue movement without a controller, which will completely fuck you over, especially in Smash.
I gotta agree with Kurausukun. It's doable, but VERY impractical to set it up so everyone uses the same keyboard, without analog support. You might get a few angry people trying to play it that way
(02-10-2017, 06:40 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I mean you can use the keyboard for however many controllers you want, but it's going to be crowded and terrible... plus you won't have any analogue movement without a controller, which will completely fuck you over, especially in Smash.

analogue movement?
no sprinting?
anyone know a way to fix that?
also, using 1 keyboard as i have a portable version set up, so i can just plug it into whatever cp i find, places where i wont take controllers, like school
The way to fix it is to use controllers.
(02-10-2017, 06:46 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]The way to fix it is to use controllers.

so no way to fix it with keyboards?
can you set it like double tap to sprint, or hold to sprint, or maybe hold a button to activate sprint?
If you map the keyboard to a Wii Remote (without extension controllers), you'll get double-tap to sprint in SSBB. I recommend doing that if you for some reason don't use analog sticks. I can't imagine that playing two players on one keyboard would be enjoyable, though...
(02-10-2017, 07:01 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you map the keyboard to a Wii Remote (without extension controllers), you'll get double-tap to sprint in SSBB. I recommend doing that if you for some reason don't use analog sticks. I can't imagine that playing two players on one keyboard would be enjoyable, though...

ty, really good to know its possible Big Grin
btw only using 1 keyboard just because of school :/ cant really bring my controller
also i asusme i can do this with my specials (tap for normal, hold for charged)
and 1 last thing
how would i do this?
again, thanks
anyone know how to do that?
do i need a wii controller for mapping keyboard to a wii remote?
Open the controllers window and set two of the Wii Remotes to Emulated Wii Remote (if you want to use two players, that is). Press Configure next to each, then configure each button in the window that shows up. Make sure that the Extension dropdown in the window is set to None.

(02-10-2017, 07:28 AM)Fall3nGod Wrote: [ -> ]do i need a wii controller for mapping keyboard to a wii remote?

No.
Pages: 1 2