Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: IPL with unknown hash dd8cab7c (problem caused by my PAL Gamecube bios)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys.

Not sure how many people actually got this problem with the PAL gamecube bios, but I receive that error when getting into the PAL bios.

Its really annoying since the actual bios works, but I just get that error beforehand.

Anybody know how common this is and how to fix it?
It's possible it's a BIOS we aren't aware of.
(02-09-2017, 10:09 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible it's a BIOS we aren't aware of.

How can I check which version I got?
BUMP!
Like JMC47 said, it's possible there are PAL BIOS revisions we don't know about. What's the model of your GameCube that you dumped the BIOS from?
(02-27-2017, 06:37 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Like JMC47 said, it's possible there are PAL BIOS revisions we don't know about. What's the model of your GameCube that you dumped the BIOS from?

DOL-001 I believe?
Accordingly to this old thread, Dolphin had this hash as a known dump but it got removed when we transitioned from Adler32 to CRC32 hashes in PR #3152 because no one could confirm it at the time. With that said, this dd8cab7c hash is probably from PAL IPL v1.1, which is currently missing (we have only PAL v1.0 and PAL v1.2)...
(02-09-2017, 10:10 AM)hackintoshftw1 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I check which version I got?

You could try opening it with something like HxD. NTSC v1.0 doesn't tell you what version it is, but NTSC v1.2 is identified as such in the 0x50-0x70 range.

It looks like this:
© 1999-2003 Nintendo. All rights reserved.© 1999 ArtX Inc. All rights reserved.NTSC Revision 1.2
(02-27-2017, 01:31 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Accordingly to this old thread, Dolphin had this hash as a known dump but it got removed when we transitioned from Adler32 to CRC32 hashes in PR #3152 because no one could confirm it at the time. With that said, this dd8cab7c hash is probably from PAL IPL v1.1, which is currently missing (we have only PAL v1.0 and PAL v1.2)...

From that I noticed that there was no Japan v1.2, does that version not exist or is it another IPL value that is missing? I tried looking it up but I got inconsistent numbering systems...
(03-13-2017, 06:31 PM)Fallcrest Wrote: [ -> ]From that I noticed that there was no Japan v1.2, does that version not exist or is it another IPL value that is missing? I tried looking it up but I got inconsistent numbering systems...

Yeah, its strange!
Pages: 1 2