Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 - Desktop composition slow after running Dolphon 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PalasX

Good afternoon,

I have a bit of an odd problem. It APPEARS that runnign Dolphin 5 slows down Windows composition, even after closing Dolphin. By "Windows composition" i mean that things like refreshing a File Explorer window contents takes much much longer (90+ seconds), right-click menus on the desktop and in programs draw the outside-box-shadow but do not fill in, Toolbar menus (including those in dolphin) draw the outside-box-shadow but do not fill in, etc.

This only happens on the monitor that is connected to my NVidia 1050ti. Dragging a program to the monitor attached to the Intel HD530 results in that program drawing normally.

Problem ONLY PRESENTS IF YOU RUN EMULATION. If you just open the Dolphin program and close it again, problem does not present.
Problem persists even after closing/killing dolphin.
Tried with 5.0 release and 2314 dev build.
Problem is resolved if i change the resolution on the 1050ti monitor and change it back.

Could this be a bad hook to directdraw or something? It feels like its hooking into the acceleartion for menu overlays and then completely jacking it up or not releasing properly? I dunno, i dont do much GUI/GPU coding.
Could it be an issue with Steam trying to hook into the "Windows + G" menu thingy?

Relevants:
Nvidia driver 376.33
Windows 10 x64
Dolphin 5.0 x64 stable (and 2314 build)
Happens on OpenGL, DirectX11, Software backends (didnt try 12)

Help? Dear god please help? Searched for HOURS looking for anyone with similar problems, no luck. Created a forum account just for this reason. This is kinda killing my Dolphin experience, and ive got a DolphinBar and MayFlash adapter on the way from your amazon links and im trying to get this silliness sorted out before they get here.

THANK YOU!!!

PalasX

Sorry for double post, couldnt add a screenshot normally. adding the screenshot.

Additional note, the delay for menus filling in seems shorter if i hit the STOP button in dolphin to halt emulation, instead of the "X" on the game window. Both result in the "Are you sure you wanna stop emulation?" Window, but the "X" button on the game normally results in that window being "hollow" like the other menus.

This is so dang inconsistent and weird.