Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin under wine-devel problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When running dolphin under wine-devel for snow leopard, It opens fine and the roms appear, but when I click config I get : trying to read from invalid sysconf, I click ok about 5-6 times and the config window opens, with all plugins missing.
When opening the rom it says it can't find the DSP HLE plugin, can't init DSP plugin, and can't init the core. Does this have something to do with the dolphin.ini file? And if it helps it isn't actually installed under wine it's just running under it. What's the problem?

EDIT: When opening Dolphin by using Wine's version of Explorer, there isn't any invalid SYSCONF error or plugin errors at all, so I think the Direct X plugin works fine. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about but would this be a problem with the links between Dolphin and the config.ini? Or just the way it's opened?
When opening via Wine terminal by using:
$ wine ~/Dolphin.exe
I get: Trying to load from invalid SYSCONF about 6 times when trying to open the config, and then no plugins show up and they don't load.
When opening Dolphin via winefile, all the plugins load succesfully, but I get a black screen, the rom appears on the screen, which should mean it's valid correct?
Any help or understanding on either of the errors would be helpful.
Where do you downloaded that build of dolphin ?
(10-27-2009, 11:03 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you downloaded that build of dolphin ?

Like what revision? If that's what you're asking its the 32 bit build r4460
update direct X if you can under wine because you can't play any other way
I've gotten the directX but now I see that wasn't the problem, look in my first post edit.
Don't know what your problem is. Running latest unofficial Dolphin release on latest Wine:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1946/...x9wine.png

All plugins show up right away except Wiimote, for that you need to install vcredist 2008.
All other plugins work outright except that DX9 crashes. To fix that you need native d3dx9_36.dll.

Don't try to run Dolphin with absolute paths. instead try
cd /directory/where/dolphin/is/located
wine ./Dolphin.exe
(10-31-2009, 12:09 AM)wea0 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know what your problem is. Running latest unofficial Dolphin release on latest Wine:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1946/...x9wine.png

All plugins show up right away except Wiimote, for that you need to install vcredist 2008.
All other plugins work outright except that DX9 crashes. To fix that you need native d3dx9_36.dll.

Don't try to run Dolphin with absolute paths. instead try
cd /directory/where/dolphin/is/located
wine ./Dolphin.exe

Had to switch to R 4434 1GB Hack because of the "Failed to grab 1GB of continuos memory" error, no problem there. Thanks for the path correction, and the wiimote plugin works now, along with all others, and I went into winecfg and added dolphin as an application, with the d3dx9_36.dll override, and switched it to native. Everything is fixed, except I still get a black screen.

EDIT: If it helps, I've attached the error file, I'm no pro, and I'm just guessing it has to do with the 32 application on 32 bit wine on 64 bit Snow Leopard.