Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars item issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all

Sorry for posting this here but I can't seem to post in the Support or Wii forums.

I've finally got myself Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars for the Wii. I've wanted this since release but never got round to buying it. However I've come to find that it doesn't work on Dolphin! I've seen on the Wiki there is an known issue with losing items after each level, is there any known work arounds for this? I've also notice that cutscenes are just black, I could handle this but losing the first weapon at the start of the games means it's not possible to do anything past the tutorial.

I would rather play this on Dolphin as you all know, once you've seen how it looks on Dolphin you just can't go back to regular old Wii anymore!

Thanks in advance
I bought the game and it'll arrive next week. I'll try to get you a solution.
(02-05-2017, 07:49 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I bought the game and it'll arrive next week.  I'll try to get you a solution.

Awesome stuff! Got Dolphin on Twitter and they've asked for testing on each version to see when the bug started. Gonna give that a try to see if we can narrow down which version it started happening on.
Oh, that's you? Nice! As I said on twitter, can you test the stable releases? 3.0 and up are on our site, but 2.0 you'll need to get from https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/oldbuilds/
(02-05-2017, 09:30 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, that's you? Nice! As I said on twitter, can you test the stable releases? 3.0 and up are on our site, but 2.0 you'll need to get from https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/oldbuilds/

Yep that's me! Think I posted from my personal account rather than my Handz Gaming one. Thanks for the links, I'll try and get this done for you today. 

I remember reading about MM in the Nintendo Magazine over here in the UK, but it was just one of those games that slipped passed. The opening level looks awesome in Dolphin so I'll do anything I can to help! 
(02-05-2017, 09:30 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, that's you? Nice! As I said on twitter, can you test the stable releases? 3.0 and up are on our site, but 2.0 you'll need to get from https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/oldbuilds/

Ok, just done some testing and can confirm where the issue is. On 3.0 I can skip the tutorial and still keep my weapon. In 3.5 when I skip the tutorial I lose my weapon, so the issues is between those versions.

Is there anything else I can get you that'll help? Any log files, video recordings other testing etc?
Can you test the builds between 3.0 and 3.5 to find when it changed? Remember: just keep cutting the number in half!

EDIT: Oh right, the site only goes back to 3.0-7xx. For older than that you can just use the oldbuilds archive. Just to make it a little easier, the last 3.0 era build was 3.0-936. You can jump right in to 3.0-47x or something and bisect away!
(02-05-2017, 09:02 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Can you test the builds between 3.0 and 3.5 to find when it changed? Remember: just keep cutting the number in half!

EDIT: Oh right, the site only goes back to 3.0-7xx. For older than that you can just use the oldbuilds archive.

Ok I'll get on that a bit later. Once I've found the last working build number, is there anything else you need other than that? Like a quick video of the issue with all the debug info? 
That should be fine for now I think. JMC is getting the game, and with the change narrowed down, JMC can give the devs all the logs and details they could ever want!
(02-05-2017, 09:07 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]That should be fine for now I think. JMC is getting the game, and with the change narrowed down, JMC can give the devs all the logs and details they could ever want!

Ok, managed to find where the issue started... and I'm officially sick of seeing the intro for this game now! =D

The last working version was 3.0-433 and it was broken in 3.0-436. I wasn't able to find versions 434 & 435 though. All the versions before 433 worked ok and everything I tested after 436 was broken. Also I didn't find a version where the cutscenes loaded, the audio was fine but the screen was black.

Hope this helps!
Pages: 1 2 3