Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Looking for: Rom/ISO compression guide/advise for GameCube games??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've never used this tool so I don't know the commands and this might have errors, but you need quotes around your paths. I also tossed in a /r so it will recursively look through all sub-folders (F:\GC_Games\Smash Bros would be included in the loop for example).

Code:
for /r "F:\GC_Games\" %A in (*.iso) do ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT\wit.exe" COPY %A --gcz "%~nA_scrubbed.gcz")

To find more file extensions just add them in the parenthesis part (*.iso *.gcm). This prevents getting other types of files. Using (*.*) would pass all files.
(02-08-2017, 07:03 PM)Bighead Wrote: [ -> ]I've never used this tool so I don't know the commands and this might have errors, but you need quotes around your paths. I also tossed in a /r so it will recursively look through all sub-folders (F:\GC_Games\Smash Bros would be included in the loop for example).

Code:
for /r "F:\GC_Games\" %A in (*.iso) do ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT\wit.exe" COPY %A --gcz "%~nA_scrubbed.gcz")

To find more file extensions just add them in the parenthesis part (*.iso *.gcm). This prevents getting other types of files. Using (*.*) would pass all files.

Still getting errors.....

This is the actual command that I'm using (below) with the actual directories where my ISO files are located:

Code:
for /r "D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\" %A in (*.iso) do ("D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\wit.exe" COPY %A --gcz "%~nA_scrubbed.gcz")

This is the error I recieve:

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>("C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT\wit.exe" COPY D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\ZooCube (USA).iso --gcz "ZooCube (USA)_scrubbed.gcz" )
*****  wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v2.40a r7331 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2017-01-05  *****
!! wit: ERROR #27 [CAN'T OPEN FILE] in SetupReadSF() @ src/lib-sf.c#447
!!      Can't open file: /cygdrive/d/a_LaunchBox/Games/Nintendo_GameCube/ZooCube

[EDIT] ^^^ I've also tried changing directories with in the command prompt and run as admin, same results....

[EDIT #2] I maybe wrong but the issue more than likely has to with using the incorrect syntax for mapping path names using Cygwin?? I'm just guessing? #LearningAsIgo
It seems to not be handling the space in the file name correctly. I'm not good at the syntax for this at all, so this is just a guess, but: Try replacing COPY %A with COPY "%A".
(02-09-2017, 07:24 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to not be handling the space in the file name correctly. I'm not good at the syntax for this at all, so this is just a guess, but: Try replacing COPY %A with COPY "%A".

[EDIT] ^^^Now I am getting this error:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)>("D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\wit.exe" COPY "D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\ZooCube (USA).iso" --gcz "ZooCube (USA)_scrubbed.gcz" )
*****  wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v2.40a r7331 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2017-01-05  *****
* COPY/SCRUB 1/1 ISO:/cygdrive/d/a_LaunchBox/Games/Nintendo_GameCube/ZooCube (USA).iso -> GCZ:ZooCube (USA)_scrubbed.gcz
!! wit: ERROR #28 [CAN'T CREATE FILE] in CopyImage() @ src/lib-sf.c#3250
!!      Can't create temp file: ZooCube (USA)_scrubbed.gcz
SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Cool Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cool Cool Cool Cool Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea
THX JOSJUICE!!!!! COPY WITH "" MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! : COPY "%A"

ALSO HAD TO ADD PATH TO DIRECTORY TO COPY FILE TO OVERCOME ERROR #28!!!!!!

Code:
for /r "D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\" %A in (*.iso) do ("D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\wit.exe" COPY "%A" --gcz "D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\%~nA.gcz")

I WILL UPDATE AS SOLVED & ORIGINAL POST, THX TO ALL!!!!
BULK SCRUB Gamecube ISO(s) to compressed GCZ (Unable to Update Original Post...)

BIG THANKS TO @Jhonn @Shonumi @JOSJUICE @BigHead !!!!

With their help, I was able to BULK scrub ALL GameCube ISO to compressed GCZ via the Command Prompt/Windows 10 with impressive compression results that far exceeded the compression available directly thru Dolphin!!! Simply amazing.

BTW, if you have not already, do yourself a favor and upgrade to Windows 10! DirectX12 is awesome with Dolphin and I'm getting the most out of my GPU.

Okay, Let's get started:

#1) You will need to download Wiimms' WIT Tools via http://wit.wiimm.de/download.html in order to BULK scrub ISO to GCZ via Command Prompt

I used WIT v2.40a, 2017-01-05 (Last version of v2.* series): more specifically: wit-v2.40a-r7331-cygwin.zip : Cygwin (Windows) [10.0 MB] So-> Download-> Unzip -> Run -> windows-install.exe

^^^That version or higher should get the job done.

#2) On Windows 10, Open StartMenu / Search -> Command Prompt (right-click) -> Run as administrator

WARNING!!! BEFORE YOU TYPE IN / INPUT THE COMMAND INTO THE COMMAND PROMPT PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BELOW!!!

#A1!!!!) Update the Path/Directory (command below) in BOLD (Example= D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\ ) to YOUR Path/Directory where you have stored your GameCube ISO(s). You have been warned: You do not deserve your opposable thumbs if you do not follow this step.

#A2) Make sure your path to wit.exe will work within the Command Prompt environment. By default, wit.exe will install into the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT\wit.exe <- After running the windows-install.exe in the wit-v2.40a-r7331-cygwin directory.  

^^^I think this part requires further explanation & back story. Let's back up for a sec, before I get ahead of myself. I have 2 internal hard drives (i.e #1 = C: Drive "Windows 10" & #2 = D :Drive "6TB Storage") For whatever reason, when I run this command, the command is unable to map the path between the 2 different hard drives to complete the command. Okay? So I says "No problemz r can fix it, eh?" Now what? You may not need to do the following: but I did what works for me so do whatever works for you:  I extracted the following files into the same directory path as my iso, so extract "wit-v2.40a-r7331-cygwin/bin/*.*" to "<your iso path>."

#A3) Run the command (below) in the Command Prompt as admin following steps 2A1 & 2A2

Code:
for /r "D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\" %A in (*.iso) do ("D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\wit.exe" COPY "%A" --gcz "D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\%~nA.gcz")

#A4) Sit back and relax....?
So I have to reach the minimum threshold of post before I can edit the original post.
Once I edit the original post, is there a way to request this as a sticky / solved guide?!

fredistehboss

(02-09-2017, 09:23 AM)G00Glethis1 Wrote: [ -> ]BULK SCRUB Gamecube ISO(s) to compressed GCZ (Unable to Update Original Post...)

BIG THANKS TO @Jhonn @Shonumi @JOSJUICE @BigHead !!!!

With their help, I was able to BULK scrub ALL GameCube ISO to compressed GCZ via the Command Prompt/Windows 10 with impressive compression results that far exceeded the compression available directly thru Dolphin!!! Simply amazing.

BTW, if you have not already, do yourself a favor and upgrade to Windows 10! DirectX12 is awesome with Dolphin and I'm getting the most out of my GPU.

Okay, Let's get started:

#1) You will need to download Wiimms' WIT Tools via http://wit.wiimm.de/download.html in order to BULK scrub ISO to GCZ via Command Prompt

I used WIT v2.40a, 2017-01-05 (Last version of v2.* series): more specifically: wit-v2.40a-r7331-cygwin.zip : Cygwin (Windows) [10.0 MB] So-> Download-> Unzip -> Run -> windows-install.exe

^^^That version or higher should get the job done.

#2) On Windows 10, Open StartMenu / Search -> Command Prompt (right-click) -> Run as administrator

WARNING!!! BEFORE YOU TYPE IN / INPUT THE COMMAND INTO THE COMMAND PROMPT PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BELOW!!!

#A1!!!!) Update the Path/Directory (command below) in BOLD (Example= D:\a_LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo_GameCube\ ) to YOUR Path/Directory where you have stored your GameCube ISO(s). You have been warned: You do not deserve your opposable thumbs if you do not follow this step.

#A2) Make sure your path to wit.exe will work within the Command Prompt environment. By default, wit.exe will install into the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiimm\WIT\wit.exe <- After running the windows-install.exe in the wit-v2.40a-r7331-cygwin directory.  

^^^I think this part requires further explanation & back story. Let's back up for a sec, before I get ahead of myself. I have 2 internal hard drives (i.e #1 = C: Drive "Windows 10" & #2 = D Big Grinrive "6TB Storage") For whatever reason, when I run this command, the command is unable to map the path between the 2 different hard drives to complete the command. Okay? So I says "No problemz r can fix it, eh?" Now what? You may not need to do the following: but I did what works for me so do whatever works for you:  I extracted the following files into the same directory path as my iso, so extract "wit-v2.40a-r7331-cygwin/bin/*.*" to "<your iso path>."

#A3) Run the command (below) in the Command Prompt as admin following steps 2A1 & 2A2

Code:

#A4) Sit back and relax....?

I was trying to follow this "guide" for batch compressing GameCube games. Would you mind re-explaining how to do this? I could not get it to work...
Pages: 1 2 3