Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i5-2500k performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently running an i5-2500k overclocked at 4.0 ghz, with an rx 480 GPU, 16 gb ram, and Windows 10. I've been messing around with several builds of Dolphin trying to get different Gamecube games operating. So far, the results have been disappointing despite quite a few attempts at tweaks.

Before chasing the tweaks any more, I'm curious if anyone has any experiencing with Dolphin running a similar process. If so, what should be my expectations for performance on Gamecube games? I upgraded my GPU last year, and have thought about doing the CPU later this year, so if the expectations aren't that great, I'm fine shelving this project until I make the upgrade, but if some people have had some luck with the i5-2500k with a newer GPU, I'm happy to try and chase this down.

Thanks for any advice.
I'm fairly certain there are some other people on here that have been having issues with the AMD RX 480, but from what I can remember I thought they said it was fixed by using the latest AMD drivers. Here, here, and here

Do you have the latest drivers installed?
(02-04-2017, 08:26 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fairly certain there are some other people on here that have been having issues with the AMD RX 480, but from what I can remember I thought they said it was fixed by using the latest AMD drivers. Here, here, and here

Do you have the latest drivers installed?

Thanks for the reminder.  It looks like they released a new one just last week, and I updated to it.  Unfortunately, it didn't impact performance on Dolphin.

Thanks.