Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to change the CPU clock on a per game basis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I only need to overclock the emulated cpu for sonic and knuckles, it seems pretty tedious to have to change the cpu clock only for this game.
No, the devs seem not to like this for whatever reason, I guess because they think stupid users will edit it into the gameinis, forget about it, and complain when things start breaking, having completely forgotten they even set the option, and thus wasting everyone's time. But you could make that argument for plenty of other gameini settings, so I don't really agree with that logic and I definitely want this to happen. There may be another reason, though.
At present I guess the most convenient solution would be to have a separate Dolphin install in portable mode that you only use for this game, so you can leave the custom CPU clock setting alone.
If you want to add it to INIs, make a PR that allows the feature so we can at least argue about it and have a good discussion. It should be some very basic coding.
I might give it a try, actually--I've never tried doing anything to Dolphin, but I do know some C, and this seems fairly straightforward. Is gameini handling located in a particular file so I can see examples/put it in the right place?
Oops, I did a thing. I don't know if it'll go through, but you can join in the discussion if you want.
I mean, at this point, I don't see a reason not to do it.

I was initially against it, but if you care that much to have ti and it'll make your life easier, then, hey, why not give it a try. Even if users missuse it and report bugs... there's already hundreds of options they do that with. What's one more?
Yes, you can. Just put this on your gameini configuration:

[Core]
Overclock = (value)
OverclockEnable = True (or False to disable Cpu Overclocking)
The value of Overclock can be any float, and it acts as a multiplier; 1.0 is 100%, 1.5 is 150%, 2.0 is 200%, etc.

This tip was from the user "Link_to_the_past" where you can find here:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
Yes. That's the very new option Kurausukun put in.