Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough dropping with Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mithhunter55

Operating System: windows 8.1 x64
Processor/CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz
Video Card/GPU: NVidia GTX860m
Memory/RAM: 2x8GB DDR3L Crucial

Possibly brief slow downs could be the issue. Like load time drops, a new sound/cutscene queuing up.

Have been able to play a few times for 40 mins to over an hour no issues. Other times I cannot even get to the main menu as the controller disconnects immediately after the first button press. Twice cut scenes have caused the rumble to get stuck on until the game is completely closed.

Timeline:
-intro cutscene rumble got stuck on. Pulled controller battery, couldn't reconnect.
-Attempts to relaunch the game/close dolphin and try again immediate disconnect.
-Eventually an attempt worked.
-pulled out sword for the first time = Disconnected, relaunch and no issue
-Rumble got stuck on during the cutscene with the escaping skybirdthing.
-Relaunch
-cutscene of the ceremony starting = Disconnected
-Attempts to relaunch the game/close dolphin and try again immediate disconnect.

I am sure if I try it again now it will probably work, just wondering if this is an issue with my computer dropping in performance causing out of sync data to the controller. in the sense of a dropped packets to or from the controller. The issue with not reconnecting or launching then connecting correctly is super annoying though. Thoughts?
I think it's your bluetooth adapter based on the times it's happening to you and the situations described Sad

mithhunter55

(02-02-2017, 08:33 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's your bluetooth adapter based on the times it's happening to you and the situations described Sad

Hmm. This is the first time I've even used bluetooth and I've had this laptop for 2 years. I am glad it works slightly though. I am going to try it out some more with Mario Kart Wii and see if it drops at all. I was able to launch other wii games and the controller connected fine, but when i went back to skyward it just wouldn't get to the main menu. Guess I'll try out the old bluetooth method for skyward and see how that plays.