Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New user who's a bit lost ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Buckybunny

Hello everyone !

So I've been trying to run Harvest Moon Animal Parade, but it is very very laggy. I tried to find some solutions but I didn't really find (or maybe I just don't understand) anything ...

Here are the infos about my pc, directly copied from my profile :
Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.3GHz
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GEFORE GTX 960m
Memory/RAM: 8 Go
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0

Is there hope or is my computer just not good enough for the game or emulator ?

Thank you in advance Big Grin
(01-31-2017, 08:08 PM)Buckybunny Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone !

So I've been trying to run Harvest Moon Animal Parade, but it is very very laggy. I tried to find some solutions but I didn't really find (or maybe I just don't understand) anything ...

Here are the infos about my pc, directly copied from my profile :
Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.3GHz
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GEFORE GTX 960m
Memory/RAM: 8 Go
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0

Is there hope or is my computer just not good enough for the game or emulator ?

Thank you in advance Big Grin

Please add your Dolphin settings either in picture form or in text, both the config window and graphics window. Also make sure your running on the latest dev version which can be located directly below release builds. Most games run fine without needing to change any settings these days. Also if your not on the dev build, when you get it you'll need thisĀ 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
On top of that, make sure you're playing when plugged in to power, and have Windows Power Options set to High Performance.
Also go to the Nvidia Control Panel and make sure that Dolphin has a profile set up to use the Nvidia GPU in maximum power mode.
(01-31-2017, 11:57 PM)Techie Android Wrote: [ -> ]Also if your not on the dev build, when you get it you'll need thisĀ 64-bit Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

That's not necessary. If 5.0 runs correctly, the redistributable is already installed.